I. POSITION TITLE: Youth Pastor
- To develop and maintain a fun-filled, vibrant, active youth ministry characterized primarily by growth in spiritual depth and secondarily by growth in numbers.
- To minister to Youth (grades 6 through 12) and their families which will, at its core, provide meaningful, life-impacting discipleship and spiritual foundations for youth.
- To establish, maintain and care for a team of volunteer youth workers as partners in ministry.
- To nurture students in their faith, counsel them through mentoring and discipling relationships, encourage and train students to live ethical, faithful, humble, and witnessing lives to the glory of God, and enable them to undertake a life of service to others, reaching out to friends, neighbors, and beyond through word and deed.
- To actively reach out and establish relationships with parents of youth, and undertake ministry with them – as well as provide ministry and support to them – in their roles as parents.
III. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- The Youth Pastor reports to the Sr. Pastor.
IV. PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONS:
A. Youth Ministry
- Establish and articulate the vision, purpose, and goals for Youth Ministry consistent with overall mission and vision in conjunction with the Session Liaison to Youth Ministry.
- Draw students into a knowledge of and relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In particular, provide opportunities to learn about and respond in faith to God’s plan of salvation in Jesus Christ and to develop a relationship with Him as Lord and Savior.
- Identify, recruit, train and supervise volunteer leaders and interns who are able to relate to and identify with a diverse group of students, for all youth programs and ministries.
- To create programs that enhance the spiritual formation of youth.
- Organize and conduct regular, ongoing opportunities for students to engage in service to others in the congregation and community settings locally and beyond.
- Coordinate with the Director of Children’s Ministries to build relationships with 4th-5th grade students and facilitate their transition into Youth Ministry.
B. Pastoral Care
- Provide Christian instruction and guidance for students.
- Provide appropriate counsel for parents, and where needed, recommend appropriate help and assistance.
- Provide comfort to students and/or their families in time of sickness, grief and other life changing events.
- Work closely with other pastoral staff to address concerns and needs of youth in their family setting, and to provide pastoral care of whole families.
- Regularly meet with youth individually and/or in small groups for mentoring, guidance and counseling.
- Prepare annual budget allocations for Youth Ministry; review and manage to line items throughout the year.
- Produce clerical materials in support of all Youth Ministries, including but not limited to, Spires articles, bulletin inserts, and materials needed for various ministry activities.
- Ensure that NPC Child Advocacy Policy is embraced within Youth Ministry.
V. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The Youth Pastor will conduct her ministry from a variety of locations including the church building, and its campus (for administrative responsibilities and programs), students homes, outdoor retreat centers, camps, and other church locations, schools, athletic fields, and other mission field locations.
VI. SKILL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- The Youth Pastor must first and foremost be a person who has received Jesus Christ as his or her personal Savior, and is an infectious, enthusiastic follower and disciple of Jesus Christ as Lord.
- The Youth Pastor must agree with, and live out, the Core Values of NPC and be firmly committed to living a faithful, humble, exemplary Christian life.
- The Youth Pastor must demonstrate deep knowledge of Scriptures, and be able to effectively teach and lead youth in small and large group settings. Exceptional counseling and interpersonal skills are essential.
- The Youth Pastor must have a solid understanding of youth culture, as well as the challenges of ministering in a religiously, racially and culturally diverse environment.
- The Youth Pastor’s ability to relate well to youth and to spend needed time and energy with them is essential, as is the proven ability to set appropriate boundaries and to serve as an authority figure when needed.
- The Youth Pastor must demonstrate sound, mature judgment at all times.
- The Youth Pastor will identify, enlist, support, and encourage volunteers so that their faith may be caught by our youth.
- The Youth Pastor should have the ability to work well within and lead in a team setting.
VII. OTHER EXPECTATIONS
- The Youth Pastor is a full-time position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student & Young Adult PastorChurch Unlimited
- Corpus Christi, Texas
- September 24
Youth MinisterPrivate Profile
- Alpharetta, Georgia
- September 24
Lead Student PastorMount Ararat Baptist Church
- Stafford, Virginia
- September 23
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistriesFirst Covenant Church
- Salina, Kansas
- September 23
Youth / Worship PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- September 23
Narberth Presbyterian Church
Narberth Presbyterian Church is a mid-sized, Bible-based, Christ-centered group of Christians who live life together and worship God together. We are located in suburban Philadelphia and are a growing and thriving congregation. More...