Position Summary: The Campus Pastor will oversee the growth and development of our future campus in Webster, TX. As an extension of New Hope Church, the Campus Pastor will be the “face of the place” in order to carry out the mission, values, and DNA of the church.
Spiritual Maturity: The Campus Pastor must meet the spiritual qualifications set forth in
1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
Proven Leadership: The Campus Pastor must have previous experience serving as a leader in the local church. He must exemplify the servant nature of a Christian leader. He must be willing to help develop people, confront people, and hold people accountable. The Campus Pastor must embody the core values of the church. They should be a self-starter who intuitively knows how to handle the leadership role. Some seasons they may need to be more pastoral while other seasons they may need to be more strategic. They must know how to mentor individuals, create teams, put systems in place, handle conflict, as well as how to problem-solve when needed.
Team Oriented: The Campus Pastor will serve as a team member of the NHC pastoral Team. He will be discerning as to how and where individuals fit in the larger community and then help them find their way to a place of meaningful service. New Hope is Team lead, but we are volunteer driven. Therefore, whether investing in the Team, building the area of spiritual maturity, or growing the church; the Campus Pastor must always be on the look-out for finding and developing new leaders in the church.
Relational Connector and Communicator: The Campus Pastor is the kind of person who enjoys meeting new people, building relationships, and drawing them into community. The Campus Pastor must be someone who can cast vision and engage people in a variety of ways. Each week 5-10 minutes will be committed for announcements, prayer, and close during the service. This person must be able to hold the attention of the attendees as well as give clear direction. In addition, this person will have opportunity to infuse the New Hope DNA into every area of ministry through one-on-one contacts and Team meetings.
Utility Player: The Campus Pastor will be able to perform a variety of necessary tasks within the life of the church. He will ensure quality at his campus during weekend services, implement systems which move people to growth, communicate vision and inspire people to action, develop leaders, teach classes or weekend lessons, as well as be able to care for individual needs of the members.
Experience/Skills: The Campus Pastor must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work. In addition, he must have excellent interpersonal skills and effective at problem solving. He should be a strategic thinker with strong leadership ability and be cost conscious with experience in budget preparation.
Campus Pastor Duties
1. Over-all Campus
- Provide direction by upholding the mission, vision, and values of New Hope Church
- Invest in the campus Team Members
- Work with the Central Team Members to anticipate growth and operational obstacles in order to find creative solutions
2. Daily Operations
- Oversee your campus team, and partnering with the Central Team Leaders, ensure that your campus is prepared and operating properly for all services and events
- Work with your campus ministry Team Leaders to impact your campus community
- Oversee budget and operational expenses for your campus
- Partner with Administrative Leaders to hire new Team Members
3. Weekend Service
- Observe all aspects of the weekend service in order to maintain excellence and quality
- Facilitate key elements of the service (welcome / announcements / transition / close / prayer)
- Be available to all ministry Team Leaders, Volunteers, and Members
4. Pastoral Care
- Perform Baptisms / Funerals / Weddings as needed
- Facilitate Baby Dedications / Graduations twice a year
- Counsel as needed
Bachelors’ Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college, or university is preferred but not mandatory for an experienced candidate.
Certificates/ Licenses & Requirements:
- New Hope Church Membership
- Member of a LifeGroup
- Must be a baptized believer
- Regular giver
- Must attend one service with family (if applicable)
- Certificate of Ordination
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
newhope church - Campus Pastor - ColumbiaVanderbloemen Search Group
- Columbia, South Carolina
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Leander Campus PastorHill Country Bible Church Austin
- Austin, Texas
- September 22
Campus PastorSunrise Church
- Rialto, California
- September 21
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst Presbyterian Church of Kingwood
- Kingwood, Texas
- September 20