A Campus of St. Thomas United Methodist Church
Position: Part Time (20 hours) Reports to: Campus Pastor
The Administrative Assistant works with the Campus Pastor, other staff, and volunteers to:
- Organize and execute the daily administrative elements involved with implementing the vision and mission of Haymarket Church
- Provide consistent presence in church office during weekday office hours
- Assist the pastor in completing tasks necessary to equip persons within the congregation and community to take up their role in God’s story so that we might make Disciples for the transformation of the world
Must be a passionate, enthusiastic, and authentic follower of Jesus with successful experience administration. Have excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Be reliable and able to work independently after receiving direction. Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, database software, and social media/communication platforms. Understand the importance of the interaction of technology and work processes and be willing to learn and adapt to new programs as required for task completion and efficiency. Have demonstrated creativity, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
Staff/Lay Relationships and Time Requirements:
The Administrative Assistant will work under the supervision of the Campus Pastor, be a member of the staff team, and participate in committees and functions as directed by the Campus Pastor. He/she will be expected to work 10-2 Monday through Thursday at the Old Bank Building (church office); the other four hours of weekly work may be scheduled based on mutual agreement of the Administrative Assistant and the Campus Pastor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to the Campus Pastor in all Haymarket Church administrative functions, including but not limited to: Administration, Finance, Stewardship, Technology, Marketing and Communications, Facilities, Scheduling, Volunteer Coordination, Statistical Tracking, Visitor Followup
- Provide operational support for and coordination with the appropriate church councils and committees as pertains to the administration of the Haymarket Church
- Coordinate on administrative and logistical matters with staff at Manassas Campus of St. Thomas United Methodist Church
- Create and support, in partnership with worship coordinator and Campus pastor, internal and external communications, messaging, and branding (in-print and electronic), including but not limited to: weekly church-wide email and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), and correspondence with local businesses, organizations and community partners; Administrative Assistant is responsible for assembling and sending weekly email
- Motivate, recruit, equip, and encourage volunteer leaders to ensure optimal utilization of talents and resources
- Perform basic building cleaning (between visits from professional cleaning service), order supplies for building, and work with facilities team to schedule/coordinate cleaning service and visits from other contractors/service providers
- Run errands in and around Haymarket/Manassas as needed
- Coordinate and facilitate building usage under direction of Campus Pastor and church leadership
Additional Information: The Administrative Assistant must develop and maintain an open and trusting relationship with the Campus Pastor and leadership team of the Haymarket Church. This position will contribute to and ensure that the mission and vision of the church is realized.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of ProductionRock Church
- San Diego, California
- September 23
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Part Time Community Life PastorWest Hills Community Church
- Salem, Oregon
- September 20
Worship & Youth Ministries Director/PastorProvidence Community Church
- Hanover, Pennsylvania
- September 19
Next Gen PastorLincoln Heights Christian Church
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 16
St Thomas United Methodist Church
St. Thomas United Methodist Church is a dynamic and growing church that strives to be a community of Christ followers. We recognize Jesus Christ as the source of our salvation and strive to spread the good news throughout the greater Manassas, Haymarket, and Prince William area. More...