Position: Part-time (20hrs)
Reports to: Assistant Minister
St Thomas UMC is looking for a part-time (20hr per week) Food Pantry Coordinator. Applicants must be outgoing and have problem solving, good communication, and strong interpersonal skills. Have basic knowledge of word and excel programs; high school graduate or GED required. Grocery store experience is a plus. Applicants must be able to react to change productively and handle other essential task as assigned; lift between 30-45lbs, be able to stand for long periods of time and stoop. Being bi-lingual is an asset but not a requirement. Job will require working 2 Saturdays per month from 7:30am-12:30pm or until finished; majority of work time will be on Thursdays and Fridays. Flexibility is a must as applicant may be called in to assist when volunteer staff is unavailable. Applicant will be required to take the general Food Pantry & USDA training at the National Capitol Area Food Bank (CAFB).
- Oversee general operations of the Food Pantry, coordinating with the volunteer Food Pantry coordinators, and working with the Assistant Minister to recruit volunteers
- Coordinate daily volunteer staff
- Coordinate volunteer staff to insure:
- Weekly food orders are placed
- Weekly quarterly reports are sent to CAFB
- Weekly paperwork is available (numbers, signup sheets, etc.)
- Coordinate USDA distribution with USDA volunteer staff
- Insure that Food Pantry is represented at Missions Committee Meeting
- Assist with coordination of grocery pickups as needed
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
St Thomas United Methodist Church
St. Thomas United Methodist Church is a dynamic and growing church that strives to be a community of Christ followers. We recognize Jesus Christ as the source of our salvation and strive to spread the good news throughout the greater Manassas, Haymarket, and Prince William area. More...