The purpose of this position is to develop teams and programs to provide biblical teaching and spiritual understanding to our children (birth and 5th grade). Primarily, the role of Children’s Ministry Director is a team building role. He/she
is responsible for recruiting, training, and empowering volunteers to lead, evaluate and teach in the variety of programming necessary for a well rounded children’s ministry. These programs/teams will help introduce children to God, build a practical understanding
of following Christ and allow children opportunities to reach out to others.
In other capacities, he/she is encouraged to be involved in the day to day teaching and leading responsibilities of this ministry.
Administrating or overseeing the children’s programming offered by MCC. That includes researching and adapting with ministry leaders the best ideas to reach and teach children in our:
- Sunday Morning Experience
- Evening Program (School Year)
- Events to promote and draw children to Christ
Recruiting, training, and empowering volunteers to lead, serve and teach in the variety of programming necessary to develop children into disciples of Jesus.
- To identify and promote ways for the entry of new volunteers into children’s ministry.
- Provide regular training for children’s ministry leaders & volunteers.
- Assist ministry leaders in personal/professional growth, scheduling, organization, and communication
- Provide alternative resources and/or teaching ideas for children’s developmental stages.
Periodically evaluate effectiveness of programs/curriculum
Remain personally involved to understand the needs of children, teachers, and other Children Ministry Volunteers.
Develop and implement proper safety and security procedures:
- Criminal Background checks
- Health Issues
- Security Issues
Maintain good communication of children’s ministry to leadership, church and the community.
- Public Promotion
- Parent Communication
- Interior Reporting
Develop a budget and system to provide resources for
- A degree a Children’s Ministry/ Equivalent or 5 years’ experience leading a Children’s ministry
- Strong Skills in training, recruiting, and casting vision
- People Skills working with parents and children