Position: Part-time (10hrs/week in addition to mandatory Sunday mornings // 10 weeks or regularly part-time)
Reports to: Director of Children & Student Ministries // Senior Pastor
Background: St. Thomas UMC’s mission is to reach the communities of Manassas and the surrounding areas with the Gospel, the goal being to create, develop, & nurture committed disciples of Jesus Christ. Our vision is to create vibrant & relevant
programs where children & students are welcomed, loved, & challenged to explore their faith in a safe place.
Education/Experience: Currently pursuing a degree in ministry (or related field) or has been active in ministry for at least one year. Experience in working with children & students. Must be committed to a biblical Christian faith and maintains
a lifestyle that is worthy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
General Job Description/Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Children & Student Ministries in planning children & student events throughout the year.
- Participate & be involved in children & student events, including but not limited to: Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, mission trips, End of School Summer Bash, Fall Kickoff, Trunk-or-Treat, Christmas Eve Services, etc.
- Work with the Director of Children & Student Ministries to plan creative outreach events for both children & students.
- Attend appropriate committee, planning, & preparation meetings.
- Build & maintain a strong rapport with students through edifying conversation & intentional “hang-outs.”
- Prepare necessary materials for Sunday school classes.
- Regularly teach a student ministry Sunday school class.
- Other duties as assigned.