ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Communications will be a passionate, missionally-minded individual who has a deep understanding of branding, creative design and communication strategies. He or she will be able to effectively tell the story of what God is doing through Engedi by leveraging a variety of mediums that push the edge of cultural relevancy. A successful candidate for this position is a champion of the church’s vision and is able to clearly and passionately communicate it in a compelling way.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Deeply committed follower of Jesus
- Affirms Engedi’s core beliefs, mission, values and life practices by word and example
- Ability to carry out the communication vision of Engedi with particular emphasis on keeping communication fresh
- Ideally has 3-5 years of marketing leadership experience
- Graphic design expertise desired but not required
- Strong understanding of brand management
- Effective administrative skills – including the ability to set goals, facilitate advance planning and effectively manage ministry and personal schedules
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Gift of leadership and desire to develop leaders
- Ability to recruit, develop and communicate with volunteers
- Team player – humble, willing to defer to others, supportive of other Engedi ministries
- Is a partner (member) of Engedi or is willing to become one upon joining staff
- Is in a CABLE (small) group or is willing to become a part of one upon joining staff
The Communications Director is responsible for and focused on leadership and team development, oversight and execution of all aspects of internal and external communications.
- Work with leadership to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages are communicated clearly, creatively, and effectively
- Oversee the design of all art, graphics and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness
- Continue to develop the look, vibe, and brand of Engedi so as to ensure it remains modern, professional and culturally relevant
- Create and maintain communication strategies to promote major Engedi events through print material, web, and social media platforms
- Work with various departments to brainstorm communication strategies, present concepts and oversee execution of final campaign
- Work with the communications coordinator to write and edit communication messages for use in the various mediums and to various audiences
- Work closely with the Creative Arts department on Sunday morning communication elements, i.e. videos, announcements, slides, etc…
- Listen for stories of life-change within the church and develop ways to creatively communicate those stories within the church and broader community
- Oversee the development and management of the Engedi website and mobile app
- Cultivate, lead and manage a team of communications staff, contractors, and ministry volunteers
- Full-time position (45 hours) with benefits including vacation and personal days, cell phone reimbursement, and matching 401k contributions
- Reports to the Executive Pastor
Engedi Church is a young, diverse, passionate and missional community of around 1600 people who are committed to loving and serving God, our neighbors, and the world. We preach the gospel, and we do our best to live it out. Since our inception in 2005, Engedi Church’s mission has been to advance the kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide. We have identified five core values we believe mark the advance of Jesus’ kingdom in our midst (see engedichurch.com).
We believe God’s original dream for creation was to create a community of people who experience complete wholeness of mind, body, emotions and soul in Him, and deep, meaningful and diverse relationships with each other. Jesus began His ministry by announcing He had come to bring good news to the poor, to release the oppressed and to free the imprisoned. He called the experience of these realities living in the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is an ever-expanding reality of those who are experiencing the restoration of what was lost at the Fall-—harmony with God, within ourselves and within our relationships—all through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. While full restoration won’t occur until His return, Jesus invites us to both experience and extend restoration in the now. This is why Engedi exists.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Christ Church - Director of Marketing & CommunicationsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Lake Forest, Illinois
- October 26
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Engedi Church is a young, passionate and missional community of around 1400 people who are committed to loving and serving God, our neighbors and the world. We preach the gospel, and we do our best to live it out. Since our inception in 2005, Engedi Church’s mission has been to advance the Kingdom revolution of Jesus worldwide. We believe God’s original dream for creation was to create a community of people who experience complete wholeness of mind, body, emotions and soul in Him, and deep, meaningful and diverse relationshi More...