CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH:
Crosspoint Community Church is a vibrant, fast-growing, contemporary C&MA church located about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Driven by a passion for outreach, we strive to restore, develop, and release people to collectively participate in God’s mission. Our community averages around 1500 people each weekend with roughly 150 junior and senior high students and 250 children. We are continually growing and welcoming new people. For more information, please visit our website (www.crosspointwi.com).
The Pastor of Family Life will be the primary vision-caster, developer, and overseer for all of Family Life Ministries (Crosspoint Kidz 0 – 5th grade, Junior High, and Crosspoint Students high school age) here at Crosspoint. While this individual will oversee all ministries from birth through high school, their primary focus will be Crosspoint Students, our senior high students. This is an equipping and teaching position focused on reaching and investing in children of all ages and their families so they become fully developed disciples of Christ. We want our families to be able to discern what God is doing and how to join Him in the work He is already doing. The Pastor of Family Life will supervise the Pastor of Junior High and Director of Children’s Ministries along with their teams while functioning as the point person in other collaborative efforts with the larger ministry staff. Continuously recruiting and developing incredible volunteers to build a great team is a must. Competency in leadership, team building, and strong relational skills are also needed. As a member of our pastoral team, this individual will also preach, teach, and fulfill other pastoral responsibilities. We are looking for a young, aggressive “A” player who is ready to live in Wisconsin, work hard, grow as a leader and life-changer in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in the Lake County Area!
Are you the right person for us?
- Do you love children and are you excited to see them learn, grow and come to know Jesus personally?
- Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers for both the Crosspoint Kidz and Students ministry teams, seeing people get connected to your team and challenging them to grow as leaders and in their faith?
- Are you committed to developing strategies to effectively reach young families in a suburban context?
- Do you enjoy recruiting new volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially for families and first time guests?
- Are you passionate about following-up with kids and families who attend and seeing them assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developing followers of Jesus)?
- Are you committed to investing in parents and giving them the support and resources they need to raise their children in a godly way at home during the week?
- Do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals and their families?
- Do you have the gift of teaching and the desire to grow in this area as part of our teaching team?
- Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Staff Oversight: Oversee the Pastor of Junior High & Director of Children’s ministries and their teams, creating a cohesive team environment while equipping each staff member to perform at his or her best.
Midweek Programming: Plan and lead our weekly youth service (125 students).
Small Groups: Develop holistic smalls groups for senior high students that encourage upward growth toward Jesus, inward growth in community, and outward mission in our community.
Special Events: Collaborate with other staff to lead our interactive and family-oriented holiday services (Jingle Jam & Easter Jam).
Leadership Development: Develop and equip our team of family life ministry leaders and other key leaders / volunteers. Leadership, growth and innovation of our family life ministries and helping develop effective age-graded ministries for middle school and high school. Requires the ability to lead teams effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate clearly.
Recruiting: Recruiting leaders and empowering them to effectively join God’s work within and beyond Crosspoint Community Church.
Preaching & Teaching: Be the primary speaker at Crosspoint Students (High School Ministries) and occasionally (about once per quarter) preach at our adult weekend services.
Pastoral Duties: Engage in pastoral duties such as officiating at weddings and funerals, counseling, hospital visitations, etc.
Ministry Budget: Create and manage the Crosspoint Students ministry budget.
Other desired characteristics: Strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker. Organizational and administrative skills are a must. Must be hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, Master’s Degree or MDiv preferred
- A passion for kids and families - reaching them, seeing them come to Christ, developing them as disciples, and releasing them to interact with their neighborhoods (workplace, where they live, school, etc).
- The ability to manage a large and growing Family Ministry Team, natural relationship and team leadership ability
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to communicate, lead small group trainings and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- The ability to host and teach on a regular basis for Saturday and Sunday Services
- A team player, a positive attitude and a risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the un-churched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER AND SAMPLE SPEAKING/PREACHING will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to Oconomowoc, WI?
(3) What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
(4) Are you familiar with Crosspoint Community Church? Have you read Convent & Kingdom and Building a Discipling Culture by Mike Breen, Crucial Conversations by Patterson, Granny, McMillan & Switzler, and Strengths Finders by Tom Rath?
Please send cover letters, speaking/preaching samples and resumes to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGeorgetown Bible Church
- Hudsonville, Michigan
- January 18
Youth Pastor / DirectorWarren Community Fellowship
- Warren, Oregon
- January 18
Journey Kidz Pastor/DirectorThe Journey Church
- New York, New York
- January 18
Associate/Family PastorNew Life Community Church
- Irmo, South Carolina
- January 18
Director of Student MinistriesDaniel Island Fellowship
- Charleston, South Carolina
- January 18