Young Adults Pastor
Faith Church is a God glorifying, Christ centered, Holy Spirit empowered community that exists to proclaim hope, produce disciples, and unleash servants.
Faith Church currently sits on a 14 acre property in a highly visible suburban area filled with many stores
and restaurants. In the last six years, Faith Church has doubled in size, currently averaging 2,200 in
weekend aCendance. The church is in a major growth phase. In the spring of 2015, we completed a $6.5 million expansion on the campus, creaJng state of the art children’s and student ministry space.
The church is thriving in a great season of lives being changed in the church and throughout the
community. There is a strong sense of unity throughout the staff and volunteers. Discipleship,
community, and missions are all highly valued at Faith Church. The heart of the leadership is not to
attract casual visitors with minimal impact, but rather to build disciples who seek to make an impact for
Christ for the rest of their lives.
Located in Allentown, PA, three miles west of Dorney Park, Faith Church is close in proximity to both
New York City (90 miles) and Philadelphia (60 miles) as well as the Pocono Mountain recreational areas (60 miles). From Allentown, the New Jersey shore is also easily accessible. Every outdoor activivity and cultural amenity is within grasp.
Faith Church is led by a dynamic Senior Pastor named Joe Henseler. Joe is in his early 40’s and brings a great blend of visionary leadership, sound doctrine, and a commitment to missional expressions of his faith. He leads through relaJonal influence and works hard to ensure that Faith Church is focused on the daily activity of the Holy Spirit. Jack Wilson is the Executive Pastor, and brings a great complementary leadership style to the senior leadership of the church. Jack’s wisdom and counsel help keep the staff and ministry teams moving in the right direction.
The Young Adults Pastor will serve as the primary leader to help Faith Church reach college aged and
professional young adults across the Lehigh Valley.
FINDING THE RIGHT PERSON
The ideal candidate for this role will bring a strong passion and enthusiasm for ministry to young adults
and would describe himself as a leader of leaders. The right person to join the leadership team of Faith
Church as the Young Adults Pastor will bring a sense of energy, humor, and leadership to this vital
ministry. A sense of creativity and an ability to work well with a diversity of people is critical to the
success of this position.
CORE VALUES AND COMPETENCIES
Mature and growing relationship with Christ.
The Young Adults Pastor will reflect a growing and mature relationship with Christ and a personal and
public passion for God’s Word. Uniquely people-oriented.
The Young Adults Pastor will be capable of cultivating productive relationships as he works closely with young adults, ministry staff, and other diverse personalities. This atmosphere should excite a passion to work with people that influence the growth and depth of a healthy young adult ministry for years to come. Developing and managing these relaJonships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism is expected.
Consistent track record in a young adult ministry.
The Young Adults Pastor will have a history of successfully serving in a healthy and dynamic ministry and have the ability to apply previous experience to this role.
Leader of leaders.
The Young Adults Pastor will have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to build scalable models that leverage growth for young adult ministries: relationships, volunteer leaders, creativity, and curriculum development will be critical to this position.
The Young Adults Pastor will thrive in a creative, inventive, ever-changing environment, with people who
are passionate about their work and mission. He will have an active interest in coaching others.
The Young Adults Pastor will have the unique skill sets to lead and coach others to places they would not be able to get to without his investment in their lives.
Faith Church is looking for an experienced ministry leader who is passionate about Jesus and reaching
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Please submit the following items: resume, cover letter, 3-5 minute video that helps us get to know you
and shares your passion for young adult ministries, and photo.
All inquiries should be sent in care of Billy Dunn to email@example.com or mailed to the church.
Please feel free to contact Billy with any questions.
Young Adults Pastor
The Young Adults Pastor is Faith Church’s primary leader in reaching college aged and
professional young adults. He will understand and unleash creativity, be a leader of leaders, and
serve as the primary catalyst for all young adult ministries and environments. This staff person
will sit on the Pastoral Team and engage in all church conversations.
• Mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Passion to share personal spiritual journey with others
• Lives an exemplary life based on clear Biblical principles
• Clear call to lead and serve young adults
• Values team unity
• Approachable, teachable, and self-motivated
• Well-ordered in his personal life
• Personable and empathetic
• Exhibits the fruit of the Holy Spirit
• Demonstrated call to pastoral ministry
• Undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred
• Five years of pastoral ministry, experience with young adults preferred
• Demonstrates a shepherd’s heart for young adults and the challenges they face
• Gift of leadership and ability to develop leaders
• Effective administrative skills
• Exercises appropriate judgment in the areas of sensitivity and confidentiality
• Ability to effectively communicate God’s Word in small and large group settings
• Able to recruit, develop, and lead volunteers
• Embraces and able to support Faith Church Purpose, Core Beliefs, and Core Values
• Develop, implement, expand, and guard a vision for young adult ministry that is
consistent with the overall purpose of Faith Church.
• Create and lead outreach and discipleship initiatives for individuals in the 18-32 year old
• Identify, disciple, and lead young adults into spiritual leadership roles within young adult
ministry, Faith Church in general, and the community.
• Establish relationships with students attending local colleges and universities and deepen
Faith Church connection with local campus ministries.
• Fill the Faith Church pulpit when asked by the Senior Pastor.
• Participate as a member of the Pastoral Team and other pastoral duties as necessary and
as assigned, e.g., venue leadership, teaching outside of Young Adult Ministry, etc.
Reports to the Spiritual Formation Pastor and participates as a member of the Pastoral Team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- October 16
Faith Formation CoordinatorTrinity Lutheran Church
- Kent, Ohio
- October 12
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- October 12