Church of the Palms (PCUSA) (http://www.churchofthepalms.org) is seeking a
full-time Director of Student Ministry to join their Family Ministry team. Located in sunny Sarasota, Florida, Church of the Palms has a worshipping attendance of 1,100 and is an active and friendly church who is Christ centered and mission-minded.
The Director of Student Ministry will serve on the Family Ministry team and will partner with parents and will recruit, develop, and support a core team of volunteers to create environments where relationships with students lead to equipping them for the service
of Christ. An ability to lead worship with vocal and instrumental proficiency is preferred.
The Director of Student Ministry will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in all student ministry programming and events.
- Develop relationships with students from 6th to 12th grade, their families, and volunteers.
- Equip by recruiting and training parents and volunteers; and, by seeking personal growth opportunities.
- Nurture students and families throughout life events.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Vibrant faith in Jesus Christ
- Passion for youth; joy in working with youth
- Experience and/or education related to youth ministry (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Ability to lead volunteer teams
- Musical ability a plus
- Knowledge and acceptance of the basic beliefs of the Presbyterian/Reformed faith
This is the ideal opportunity for joy-filled candidates who love to creatively reach students and adults! We offer a competitive salary that is accompanied with work-study funds and medical benefits. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, faith
statement and resume toTeresa Sippel at firstname.lastname@example.org