Davisville Church is seeking a full-time Technology Director to oversee the Audio, Video, Lighting and Media Creation needs of our church family. The below Job Description outlines the responsibilities of the position and walks through the required and desired skills. We’re looking for someone with a heart for ministry, a teachable spirit, the ability to lead volunteer teams and to be a self-starter. Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter, any available work samples (demo reels, etc.), and other helpful or pertinent materials to Dave Mathewson through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology Director Job Description
- To bring glory to God through the work of the technology ministry
- To support the ministries and vision of Davisville Church by overseeing our Audio/Video/Lighting (AVL) needs and leading in the area of Media Creation (MC).
- Will work directly with the Worship Pastor to provide AVL/MC support for church ministries, events and staff.
- Lead, train, schedule, and develop technology teams
- Assess and increase the abilities of volunteers related to their roles
- Shepherd technology teams by developing and pursuing relationships with volunteers
- Assemble, communicate and confirm tech needs for worship services
- Oversee stage and large equipment set-up in Sanctuary
- Program video elements, light cues, and audio console for worship services and events as needed
- Lead tech team during services and events
- Ensure that the technical needs for events on church calendar are in place and fully operational
- Champion and Curate Media Creation (Video Production/Podcast/Live Stream)
- Pursue and create video content for our ministries and staff in coordination with the Worship Pastor
- Create videos and media pieces to use online, in small groups and our worship services
- Ensure that all components and equipment are in proper working order and troubleshoot as needed
- Oversee the vision, assessment, and maintenance of AVL/MC equipment throughout the facility
- Attend appropriate events to enhance related skills and keep up to date with related techniques & equipment
Overseen by the Worship Pastor
Required: A minimum of 3 years experience working in the AVL technology field, experience operating a large format digital console (e.g. Yamaha M7), experience using video editing software (Premier/Vegas). High school diploma or higher and the ability to lift 50lbs of equipment and move around as required.
Desired: Experience using After Effects, Photoshop and shooting video with a DSLR.
Full-time: Sunday – Thursday but with flexibility and other events as required (rehearsals/funerals/etc.)
Again, interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter, any available work samples, and other pertinent materials to Dave Mathewson through email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Design AssistantSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 28
Executive Director - Creative MinistriesHope Community Church
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- October 27
St. Mark's Church - Audio/Visual DirectorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Burlington, North Carolina
- October 26
Worship Tech & IT DirectorLee's Summit Community Church
- Lee's Summit, Missouri
- October 25
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
At Davisville, our focus is on relationships, both with God and others. We have found that when we understand God’s total acceptance of us through his Son Jesus, we are motivated to love God in return and to love others in practical ways. Our goal is to fearlessly love God and people which means that we simply strive to follow Jesus and to help others follow Jesus as well. What does that look like? At Davisville, you will find a community that seeks to connect; to love like family because that is what God has made us. You will find a c More...