Our mission at Oak Hill is simple. We want Jesus to be the focus. It’s really all about him. Therefore, we strive to do 3 main things:
We want to KNOW Christ personally, GROW in Christ as a family, and
SOW Christ locally and globally for the glory of God.
That’s why we’re here. That’s what motivates us each day as we live on mission with God. We want to be a Jesus-centered, grace-filled, gospel-transforming church.
Over the last few years we have seen God do great things in our church and community. Many people have given their lives to Jesus and have joined our church family. Wednesday night and Sunday morning activities (along with Bible studies and small groups)
are busy and growing as both children and adults mature in their relationship with Christ and fellowship with one another.
We’re excited about the opportunity to have a full-time Worship Pastor to help lead a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled worship service at Oak Hill. We are grateful for the time and energy volunteers have given to lead the music ministry at Oak Hill, and are
excited to partner with a gifted leader and pastor who can help our church grow even more in this area.
Oak Hill is located in Humboldt, Iowa, a town of about 5,000 people. More information about our church can be found on our website: www.oakhillhumboldt.org.
The primary aim of the Worship Pastor is to aid the Senior Pastor in leading the church in Christ-exalting worship. He will also develop and drive the communication efforts within the church with clarity and excellence.
The Worship Pastor will work closely with the Senior Pastor to develop and lead a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled worship service filled with old and new songs to help the people of Oak Hill Church sing to the Lord with undistracted excellence. He will also
help to bring clear communication to the congregation through various media outlets.
- Plan and select weekly worship music that promotes the gospel and passionate praise
- Lead Wednesday night practices and Sunday morning worship
- Stay current on worship and related issues in the church, both theological and practical
- To develop, train and lovingly lead the vocalists and instrumentalists to help them play and sing skillfully to the glory of God
- To oversee the sound and lighting, and other tech issues for worship and church events such as weddings and funerals
- Help to organize and lead special services like Christmas Eve and Easter
- Work with Christian Education board to provide leadership for Wednesday night music ministry and other special children’s events
- Establish and maintain healthy systems of communication between the leadership, ministry boards/teams, and the congregation
- See to it that all media outlets including bulletin, website, social media, welcome center, advertising, etc. are aesthetically pleasing and clear
General Pastoral Responsibilities
- Share in general pastoral duties with the pastoral team and elders
- Displays the character and calling of a pastor/elder (1 Timothy 3, Titus 1)
- Life evidence of being a servant leader who is humble and willing to learn
- The ability to be a self-starter combined with skills in delegation and supervision of others
- Strong administrative gifts and people skills
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively up front
- A desire to help people progress in their faith journey with an attitude of grace
- Strong interpersonal communication skills in large and small group settings
- The ability to meet new people and make them feel comfortable
- A theology and beliefs compatible with Oak Hill Church
- A commitment to the leadership, vision, and philosophy of Oak Hill Church
- The skills and gifts that will help him minister to people of all ages
Education & Experience
- A seminary degree and/or degree in music education would be preferred
- Experience in leading worship
- Experience in enlisting, equipping and empowering volunteers
- Accountable to the Senior Pastor and will establish a good working relationship with him assisting him when necessary
- Ability to be a positive team member and committed to working cooperatively with volunteers
- Maintains a working relationship with Associate Pastor and Elders
- Communicates with other church ministries in the congregation