***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE:
POSITION TITLE: SR. PASTOR
LOCATION: GROWING AREA CLOSE TO HOUSTON, TX
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
DENOMINATION: SOUTHERN BAPTIST
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 800
MinisterSearch (www.MinisterSearch.com) is delighted to present an opportunity for Senior Pastor candidates at a great Southern Baptist church located in a growing community close to Houston.
This church, which is well known in the area, has two Sunday morning services that are contemporary in style with blended selections.
Their weekly attendance right now is approximately 800 people, and they are continuing to grow as God is using them in exciting ways. They continue to look to the future and to be ready to fulfill the great commission. Future plans call for
a new Family Life Center that will include a new fellowship hall, kitchen, and additional education space.
Believing that there are five purposes for the existence of the local church— evangelism, ministry, discipleship, worship, and fellowship—this group of very loving, very giving, people are ready to welcome and support their new Sr. Pastor.
There is ongoing tremendous population and economic growth—it is one of the fastest growing communities in the country—which offers fantastic long-term possibilities associated with this position. And the church wants someone who is looking
for a church and a city to call home—a place to settle into with their family.
The candidate who is right for this great opportunity will have a minimum of 5 years’ current ministry with preaching/teaching experience in a successful, growing ministry. A Master's Degree from an accredited Seminary is needed, as well as someone who can
engage people with dynamic, relevant teaching. Additionally, the successful candidate will be a strong leader who is an organized, relational, person who wants to be invested for the long term in a position that has tremendous potential.
Not only is the church, with its loving, friendly people, a wonderful place to serve, the community is a super place to live in. One of the fastest growing in the country, their schools are fantastic, there are a number of new subdivisions in the planning
process or already being built, and all the amenities you need and/or want are close by.
Located about 30 minutes Northeast of Downtown Houston, this city is close to both East/West and North/South interstate highways. With easy access to the Houston metropolis, you can enjoy the amenities of the big city and then return home to a slower, simpler
lifestyle. Being strongly committed to the family unit, this community offers a range of parks and playgrounds that provide an open-air experience. Baseball fields, soccer fields, playgrounds and an Olympic size swimming pool lend themselves to activities
for one and all.
For the outdoorsman, there is easy access to the Texas Gulf Coast and the opportunity to enjoy some of the best redfish and trout fishing to be found anywhere. And, another option, it’s just a short drive to the four-state, 54,000 sq. mile Piney Woods, the
Texas portion of which has no less than 17 State parks, as well as lakes. With its proximity to all the culture and amenities of Houston, as well as the large suburban areas of Kingwood and Humble, you can see why this area is booming both in population and
economically—and that it provides a great opportunity to serve the Lord and raise your family in a wonderful setting.
- Cast, guide, and foster the vision of leading the church in fulfilling God’s calling to the leadership, staff and ministries of the church
- Cast, develop, and communicate the church's vision and mission to the staff, volunteers, and church body
- Supervise and lead the work of the church and Pastoral staff in their related ministries with accommodating direction, development, and management
- Prepare for and preach 3 sermons a week, each with the same passion as the first
- Direct and embody senior leadership and general oversight of the church
- Lead and serve as a mentor for Pastoral staff and the deacons; involved in personal discipleship and mentoring of leaders
- Minister to and address the needs of the congregation
- Make decisions and determining priorities based on need and resources available
- Lead strategic planning to address future needs of the church
- Delegate needs and responsibilities including visiting the sick and homebound
- Administrate and oversee the functions of the church including church budget
- Work as a leader within the community, meeting and interacting with community leaders and others
- Perform or delegate to other pastors visitation of the ill/homebound and life events including baby dedications, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Organize and conduct meetings with staff
- Minimum of 5 years’ ministry experience with preaching/teaching duties and administrative responsibilities leading a team
- Master's Degree from an accredited Seminary highly preferred
- Dynamic, passionate speaking ability, grounded in the
- Proven track record of leading by example – showing others how to live a godly life by actions and not just words and possessing a real spirit of transparency
- A leader of leaders who can lead staff, volunteers, and congregation
- Very relational and visible—warm, friendly, ability to put people at ease and to relate to various personalities
- Problem-solver who can at overcoming obstacles and resolving conflict, proactively handle issues as they arise
- Possess excellent decision-making skills using the wisdom and discernment empowered by God
- Able to delegate responsibility; gifted in managing people who are reporting to you
- Strong ability to lead staff, volunteers, and congregation
- Solid organizational and time management skills
***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa***