PASTOR OF SENIOR HIGH STUDENTS
The purpose of this position is to build a youth ministry and youth ministry team that will serve with a Christ like attitude; to help build healthy students and healthy families within Rockpoint and the surrounding community. As a servant leader, this person is expected to model Christian love, principles and character. The goal is to expose and connect students to the reality of Jesus Christ. The person filling this position must be highly relational, relevant in youth ministry, and able to understand the challenges of youth and families in modern society, and the pressures they face. They must be ready at all times to provide a reason for the hope and a future in Christ through gospel-centered teaching, gospel-centered growth, and gospel-centered influence.
The duties and responsibilities of the PASTOR OF SENIOR HIGH STUDENTS
include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Create and cast vision for Rockpoint’s High School student ministry program, consistent with the vision, mission and values of Rockpoint Church and an eye toward the future.
- Develop an effective strategy specific to the age group that accomplishes the mission of exposing and connecting students to the reality of Jesus Christ.
- Develop a discipleship process to be utilized by volunteer leaders in their contact with students.
- Provide opportunities to equip parents in their biblical role.
- Model discipleship by being involved in teens’ lives-establishing relationships with teens and helping them develop their own personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Training adult leaders how to disciple students effectively by equipping and encouraging them to engage students in an intentional discipleship process.
- Provide management and leadership to paid supportive roles including, but not limited to, the administrative assistant.
- Remain loyal to the entire staff by working in unity toward the overall vision and strategy of Rockpoint.
- Fulfill staff duties with regard to all-church events that may include but are not limited to, season events (Christmas, Easter, etc.), service projects, church-wide series, counseling, performing weddings/funerals, and filling in for the lead pastor by occasional preaching.
This role will also work closely with the Pastor to Middle School Students through collaborative strengths-based support of the entire student ministry. The role will accomplish this according to strengths and gifting by:
- Providing leadership in development of comprehensive ministry programs for entire Student Ministry
- Assist in recruiting, training and developing volunteer staff.
- Develop a plan to strengthen/equip ministry leadership, teaching, preaching and discipleship skills for youth leaders and volunteers
- Initiate, develop and maintain strong community connections with area schools, community organizations and civic leaders.
- Responsible for establishing and managing student ministry budget.
- Coordinate with “all” relevant ministries toward the successful transition to and from the influence of the Student Ministry.
- Lead in the most effect area of spiritual gifting, talents, and abilities in conjunction with the Pastor to Middle School Students toward the accomplishment of the Student Ministry Mission
- BA or BS degree in ministry related field, and training in the area of ministry responsibility; intrinsically motivated.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in related youth ministry field
- Relational Leader: Friendly, approachable, humble, full of grace with a genuine love for students.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Communicator: Ability to communicate God’s Word with accuracy, authority, love, and relevance. Great up front speaking gifts.
- Executor: Ability to organize, plan, and implement multiple projects, trips, and events.
- Personal Integrity: Make solid decisions based on biblical values & leadership council, both inside and out of the church.
- Disciple: Devoted to following and growing in Christ, demonstrates ongoing personal spiritual development.
- Conflict Resolver: Able to handle conflict, ministry misalignment or sin issues. Identify and solve problems.
- Emotionally Healthy: No concerning issues personally or within the family.
- Time Manager: Able to utilize time, based on established priorities.
- Self Aware: Manages own weaknesses and focuses on own strengths.
- Strategic thinker good at planning, sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Executive Pastor
HOURS & PAY
- Full-time Exempt Employee
- Salary will commensurate with experience based on fair market value of position
In order to get to know you better, please provide a comprehensive resume/CV. When writing the resume/CV, substance is of more interest than brevity. Give enough information so that the breadth of your ministry experience is understood.
When describing your work as a church staff member it would be helpful to know the total membership of the church, the worship style of the church, the size of the staff, where you were on the organization chart, your direct reports, etc.
If you are in a para-church organization or non-profit, be very specific about your involvement and experience in a local church. While humility is appreciated, it is important for us to know the breadth and depth of your involvement and how God has used you in the life of the local church.
As we progress through our careers, most of us have changed jobs and/or employers several times. For each job change, be sure to include why you moved from that position to your next.
Please include some information about your family, your love for the local church and desire to focus on student ministries.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Youth PastorOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Rockpoint Church was planted in 1969 in White Bear Lake, Minnesota and known as Lakewood Evangelical Free Church. From its founding, Rockpoint has been committed to reaching people in the surrounding communities with the gospel of Jesus Christ. In 2007 we moved into a new facility in Lake Elmo as Rockpoint Church, with a desire to establish a regional presence in the northeast suburbs of St. Paul and the St. Croix Valley. Rockpoint Church exists to make disciples through Gospel-Centered Teaching, Gospel-Centered Growth and G More...