Principal Function: To serve as a lead Youth Minister to Students 7th through 12th Grades
Hours: Salaried. Full-time, including regular office hours. Wednesday nights, Sunday Worship as wellas other times as required by ministy.
This full-time position reports to directly to the Senior Minster.
Works directly with the Leadership Team, ministry leadership, and key volunteers in all areas of ministry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide vision and oversight over all aspects of Youth Ministry, in alignment with the greater vision of Court Drive Church
- Discipleship characterized by love, hospitality, joy, and generosity
- Special emphasis on the un-churched and over-churched
- Maintain a strong sense of unity while embracing diversity
- Implement strategic vision and goals for Youth Ministry
- Lead, coordinate, and possibly re-develop Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs
- Youth Worship
- Lead and coordinate other youth programs and events; Camps, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Recruit, lead and empower interns and volunteer teams
- Effectively evaluate programs to ensure goals are being met and vision is accomplished
Ministry Oversight/Pastoral Care
- Provide pastoral care and counseling for people in the congregation as needed, especially for youth and their families
- Participate in leading elements of our corporate worship services
- Participate in staff meetings
- Manage annual budget items for the assigned areas of ministry
- Help develop and maintain community partnerships, and serve as an advocate for the Court Drive Church in the community.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A passionate love for the Lord, people, and a desire to serve in the local church
- Married or Engaged to be married
- A clear understanding of and desire to communicate the Gospel.
- University undergraduate degree in appropriate discipline
- Previous experience in pastoral care, youth ministry, and discipleship is highly encouraged
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills and able to plan and implement a variety of types of programs
- Able to approach others in a personable way
- Able to manage a flexible work schedule
- Able and willing to work effectively in partnership with pastoral team.
- Must display a strong work ethic along with a healthy work/life balance
- Musical Background is a big plus
- Submit resumes to email@example.com