NewPath Church is a year-old church plant with a growing congregation of families that desires to intimately know God and reach the community with His love.
NewPath Church is aggressively seeking a spirit-filled Worship Director who is an accomplished musician with an expertise in either guitar or piano. He or she will be expected to lead our contemporary worship ministry by training and developing the band
and vocalists to use their instrument to usher the congregation into the presence of God.
The successful candidate will be familiar with all facets of worship ministry, work closely with the Senior Pastor and Tech and Sound Team. The Worship Director will strategically and effectively implement the church vision and values within the context
of worship ministry and will be expected to think strategically about evangelistic growth.
He or she will be a spiritually mature, committed individual who will be expected to build a volunteer team, develop a teen-led worship team, attend adult services, and be actively involved in serving opportunities.
Purpose: To provide professional leadership and direction for the NewPath worship band by helping instrumentalists and vocalists train and develop their instrument and voice.
Accountability: The Worship Director reports directly to the Senior Pastor.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Proficient in piano or guitar.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to use Planning Center Online Software.
- Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Direct and coordinate all music ministries at NewPath Church. This will include (but is not limited to) Sunday morning worship and may include evening worship services.
- Oversee stage area and maintain equipment.
- Meet with the Senior Pastor on a weekly basis to determine the direction for rehearsal and Sunday morning worship.
- Help in holding auditions for potential worship team members.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor.
Other General Expectations Include:
- Positive attitude.
- Servant heart.
- Highly motivated with an eye for excellence.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Continual spiritual development.
Although education and prior experience will be a factor, a heart for God and a passion for worship, as well as understanding the spiritual principle of unity will have an even higher priority.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education and other qualifications.
Please provide resume, references, and either a video or link of one of your worship sets to