Village Baptist Church Senior Pastor Job Description
Job Title: Senior Pastor
Location: Village Baptist Church
906 South McPherson Church Rd, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Denomination: Conservative Southern Baptist
Church Membership: 4,400
Village Baptist Church is a conservative Southern Baptist Church, established in 1962 and is located in
Fayetteville, North Carolina. The body believes and holds to the truth of the Holy Spirit's inspired
inerrancy of God's Word. A variety of worship services are offered throughout the week. Sunday
morning includes two services, both offering the same Biblical messages, varying only in traditional or
contemporary praise and worship music. Strong discipleship, evangelism, apologetics, missions,
children, youth, singles, senior citizens, and pastoral care programs are in place with training for all ages.
In 1998, Village Baptist Church established Village Christian Academy, a K-12 accredited college preparatory
curriculum with excellent credentials and a current enrollment of 660 students.
The Fayetteville community is a progressive city with a population of 320,000 and is adjacent to Fort
Bragg, the largest military base in the United States. Fayetteville is the home of Methodist University,
Fayetteville State University and Fayetteville Technical College. The city offers museums, festivals,
symphonies, sporting events, and an airport to meet the travel needs of civilian and military families.
For more information about Village Baptist Church and Fayetteville, go to the following websites:
BIBLICAL /SPIRITUAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Be a man called of God and evangelical in theology, in accordance with "The Baptist Faith and
Message" (2000 edition) and be committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the
standards set forth in Scripture. (Titus 1:-8) (Acts 20:28) (Acts 6:4) (Romans 12)
2. Be endowed with these qualities:
Diligence (2 Peter 1:5-7): Be faithful to invest the spiritual gifts from God.
Stability and Conviction (I Cor.1S:S8): Be true to God's Word and the Holy Spirit.
Vision (Hab. 2:3): Have foresight and insight to see what God sees.
Integrity (Proverbs 11:3): Keep God first and be true to Him and His Word.
3. Shall preach the Word of God, be persistent in ministry, be confrontational with sin, and do the work
of an evangelist to equip, educate, and edify the Church. (II Timothy 4: 2, 5)
4. Through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, have the Biblical gifts to preach and teach. Be a
communicator of God's Word in worship and ensure that the Church is growing to maturity in Jesus
Christ. (Ephesians 4: 11-13)
The Senior Pastor will hold a seminary Masters of Divinity or Doctoral Degree with a minimum of five
years of experience in a senior pastoral ministry. He will demonstrate competencies in the following
a. Commitment to Results: As a spiritual leader and visionary of the church, he will be goal driven,
mission focused, a problem solver, and a team player.
b. Leading Change: He will deal effectively with demanding situations and implement innovative
strategies as related to Village Baptist Church and Village Christian Academy.
c. Motivation: He will be action oriented to identify relevant goals for the church and school
which will embrace and accomplish the mission and vision, both locally and globally.
1. The Senior Pastor will have full responsibility of Village Baptist Church's operations, establish a strong
and appropriate relationship with Ministerial Staff, Leadership Team, Finance Team, and oversee the
superintendent of Village Christian Academy and other areas of service in the Church.
2. The Senior Pastor, through the teaching of the Holy Spirit, will participate in the planning of worship
services, special events, oversee staff development, and equip staff and lay leaders to successfully fulfill
their duties and responsibilities.
3. The Senior Pastor will support outreach and pastoral care efforts, and Biblical counseling. He will
perform baptisms, weddings and conduct funeral services within the Bylaws and Constitution of Village
4. The Senior Pastor will cooperate with the associational, state, and denominational leaders in matters
of mutual interest and support the work of Southern Baptist Missions.
5. The Senior Pastor will work with the Ministerial Staff and School Superintendent to continue to set
forth the vision and mission of Village Baptist Church and Village Christian Academy as related to the
diverse membership and school enrollment.
6. The Senior Pastor will nurture the church body by encouraging all believers to develop as disciples of
Jesus Christ including baptism by immersion, church membership, Christian disciplines, and Biblical
1. The Senior Pastor shall be accountable to God first, then to the Deacons, as they represent the
Church under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
2. The Senior Pastor shall attend scheduled Deacon meetings and acts as an ex officio member of all
organizations, departments, counsels, and committees.
3. The Senior Pastor shall always convey a professional image and positive attitude regarding Village
Baptist Church and Village Christian Academy. He shall demonstrate a commitment to excellence in
professional growth and development.
The above duties are not intended to be an all-inclusive list nor a list with sole responsibility. Additional
duties may become necessary for the successful operation of Village Baptist Church and Village Christian
Academy. (I Corinthians 9: 19-22)
THE POSITION OF SENIOR PASTOR IS INTENSE AND DEMANDING. HE BALANCES MULTIPLE TASKS SIMULTANEOUSLY, HANDLES COMPLEX SITUATIONS, AND MAINTAINS A FULL TIME WORK SCHEDULE TO MEET THE DEMANDS AS SENIOR PASTOR OF VILLAGE BAPTIST CHURCH.
To submit a resume, please send it with 3 year average of attendance in Sunday School and Worship to firstname.lastname@example.org.