About the Worship Pastor Position
Church: Highpoint Church (www.highpoint.cc)
Denomination: Assemblies of God
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: Lead pastor of worship, arts, and media
The worship style that presently seems to connect best with our crowd would probably be contemporary, for lack of a better word. Music the likes of Passion, Hillsong/United, Bethel/Jesus Culture, popular songs from Worship Together, and similar up and coming
worship artists. But as important as worship “style” can be it’s not our only focus. We also seek worship that has a few other dimensions as well.
- Authenticity. We are looking for worship leaders who genuinely and passionately love God and can lead their team to that same place before they step on the platform.
- Content. We like songs reflecting biblical and theological truths that inspire us, build us up, and move us.
- Quality. We are not looking for perfection, but we are looking for heart. The heart to apply yourself and your team by putting in the “practical” time and the “spiritual” time to prepare and be your best for each service.
- Inclusiveness. We are more passionate about getting as many people, as possible, involved in worship ministry than we are concerned with efficiency or perfection.
A serious candidate will submit ALL the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (incomplete submissions
will not be pursued):
- A link to (or attach) a video of you leading worship in a typical Sunday service environment.
- A current resume with relevant achievements and reference contact information attached.
- Salary expectations.
Minimum competencies for an ideal candidate include…
- A shepherd’s heart for people, a strong personal devotional life and teachable heart
- Leadership skills with proven ability to build teams and inspire people to follow you as we pursue the vision of Highpoint. Our Worship Pastor does not have to be the “front” person on the platform, but they do need to be the leader and developer of the
- Technological competence with lighting, sound, projection, backing/click tracks, and video/audio recording hardware (Yamaha CL5 board) and software.
As a part of the pastoral staff, you will also be responsible for…
- Participating in the general pastoral care of the congregation, as needed.
- All technology aspects of services including pre and post service production responsibilities, weekly video announcements, background graphics, editing of audio/video messages for uploading it to our website, iTunes, etc.
- Oversee the design of graphic elements for things like in-house signage, website, direct mail campaigns, or series/event invite cards, etc.
Additional qualifications that would be helpful include…
- Capable vocals and ability to play and lead worship with guitar and/or keyboards.
- Familiarity with the software we are presently using would be helpful: Jands Vista "Byron", and Pro-Presenter.
- Graphic design and/or video production experience.
- Currently holding or eligible and willing to pursue credentials with the Assemblies of God. (If you are unfamiliar with the Assemblies of God their national website is www.ag.org).
We review applications at least twice per week, and will initiate contact with any candidate we are interested in on a timely basis. We ask that candidates not call the church or use the above email to ask for status updates. Feel free, however, to submit
your resume through www.churchstaffing.com or directly to email@example.com
Thank you, and we are praying for God's best for you!