Cypress Family Fellowship is seeking a part time or bi-vocational Student Minister to lead all aspects of the student ministry, which includes grades 7 through 12. The Student Minister would cast vision for the overall ministry while sharing a passion for
students and their walk with Jesus. The Student Minister will assist students through the challenging maze of living a life that glorifies God and encourage their parents to guide the students in leading a Spirit-filled life. The Student Minister will lead
the students in large group gatherings on Wednesday evenings. In addition, the Student Minister will plan, lead, and attend a yearly Disciple Now event, a fall or spring retreat, student summer camp, one additional large group function, and a variety of engaging
and creative activities. While it is imperative that we prepare our students for their walk with Jesus it is equally important that this leader share a passion for reaching students outside the church walls.
- Ideal applicants will live within a reasonable distance (generally 30 minutes or less) from the church’s northwest Harris County location
- Work hour expectations are 20-25 hours per week, including staff meetings and planned office hours
- Salary is dependent upon experience and will range from $18,000 to $24,000 annually
- Should be adept at engaging parents, volunteers, and the congregation in supporting the ministry
- Special events scheduled outside of the traditional Sunday and Wednesday meetings are an important part of building this ministry
- Preference will be given to candidates with music, audio, video, and social media skills.
Applicants should apply by e-mailing the church through the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.
Applications will be accepted through the end of June. Hiring is expected to be complete by the middle of July.