Do you want to be part of a healthy church that engages the community around us? Pantano Christian Church is a thriving church in Tucson, AZ. Pantano runs about 2300-2400 people a weekend and has launched 4 church plants in 5 years. Our staff has a diverse background, models grace, promotes honest evaluation, and pushes towards helping our community. We actually do what we preach. Led by Glen Elliott, our lead pastor, Pantano has been ranked a "healthy Christian workplace" for multiple years. Pantano is very relaxed in attitude, but aggressive in mission. We value people and want our staff to be very healthy.
The Student Ministry
The student ministry team has experienced growth in every program except Sunday morning services. We're looking for someone who can lead middle school ministry and oversee our student worship team (worship background preferred). On a normal Sunday we have about 100 middle school students who attend our middle school worship hour. We have an active group of 20+ middle school volunteers and a student worship team consisting of 25+ students who rotate on a weekly basis using planning center online.
Our student ministry is healthy and ready for someone to step in and take our middle school to the next level.
What about Tucson?
Yes, it’s hot! However, we have very low humidity most of the year so it’s a dry heat. It’s also only really hot during the three summer months. Because we are in the desert, Tucson has great weather year round. We experience about 320 days a year of blue skies and our winters are very mild at around 60-70 degrees. We have abundant access to hiking and other outdoor activities. You’ll see people running or riding their bikes year round.
Tucson is a military and college town. While Pantano is located on the east side of Tucson, we do have a lot of military people and students who do not live on campus at the University of Arizona.
We are also 7 hours from Disneyland, LA, and San Diego.
We are only 4 hours from Mexico.
Are you the ideal candidate?
Do you think outside of the box?
Are you not afraid to fail?
Are you ready for the next level?
Can you work independently?
Do you see team unity as extremely important?
The middle school student and worship pastor will be on the student ministry team. You’ll work alongside the student pastor and report directly to him. You’ll also share a full-time administrative assistant with the student pastor.
Qualifications & Minimum Job Requirements:
Personal Characteristics & Spiritual Disciplines:
- A developed and maturing relationship with Jesus
- Become an active “All In Partner” at Pantano Christian Church (upon hire)
- Tithe 10% or more to general budget. We cannot ask people to give if we are unwilling.
Education & Ministry Experience:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years experience in full-time ministry
- Leadership experience in a larger student ministry (50+ students)
- Thrives in a team environment; able to recruit, train, inspire, and develop teams of leaders
- Demonstrated fruitfulness in leadership and teaching
- Passion for reaching lost students and helping all students be formed into Christlikeness
- Able to genuinely connect and communicate effectively with students, parents, and volunteers
- Not afraid to let loose and be crazy with students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Office-related computer skills, including experience with common office software/programs and online applications
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to effectively utilize online communication, email and calendar tools
- Ability to use or learn to use Planning Center Online
- Ability to sing/lead worship
- Ability to play an instrument a plus
- Understands and uses modern applications such as Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc
- Recruit, develop, and empower adult and student leader teams
- Communicate the church and student ministry vision, mission, and strategies to volunteers, students, and parents
- Cast vision for and nurture a culture where parents are their student’s primary spiritual guides
- Develop strategies that facilitate students’ participation in the church beyond student ministries
- Seek out and develop partnerships with local schools to encourage direct engagement with our local community
- Establish a presence on local middle school campuses, seeking to minister and do outreach where students already gather
- Oversee and work in partnership with the Student Pastor on middle school small groups
- Oversee and work in partnership with the Student Pastor on student weekend worship services and teams, including overseeing worship team practices, try-outs, song selection, and scheduling
- Lead student weekend worship as needed
- Adhere to all church policies and procedures as well as ensure that volunteers are in compliance with guidelines for ministry
- Create relevant and engaging summer programming that allows for student growth, outreach opportunities, and discipleship
- Teach on a rotation with the Student Pastor in middle school services
- Participate with other Family Team staff members to ensure smooth transitions between departments, minister more effectively to the entire family, and continue a healthy team atmosphere
- Work in partnership with the Student Pastor with the middle school budget
- Train, develop, and support an existing volunteer staff of 20+ as well as recruit to enlarge this staff
- Attend to your own personal and spiritual formation
- Provide pastoral care to middle school students and their families
- Other duties assigned by the Student Pastor
- Be able to handle with excellence multiple projects, people, and situations at the same time, demonstrating high capacity.
- Has a humble heart. The best leaders are servants. The applicant must be willing to roll up his sleeves and get dirty.
- Act in a professional manner, avoiding unnecessary drama and gossip.
- Attend all staff meetings, retreats, and training.
- Attend all team meetings, retreats, and training.
- Attend Pantano’s adult weekend services for personal growth.
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000 + Benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time; health, dental, life, disability & long-term care insurance; 403b matching program. Each pastor also gets one day off a month to be in personal spiritual retreat.
To apply, please include ALL of the following:
Email to: Nfarr@pantanochristian.org
- 3 references which will be contacted only with your permission (previous supervisor, pastor, and previous employee and/or previous team member)
- Your statement of faith
- Video sample of teaching
- Video sample leading worship
- DISC profile (if accessible)
- Social media links
- Skype name
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Student PastorGrace Point Church
- San Antonio, Texas
- December 6
Student Ministry PastorUniontown Bible Church
- Westminster, Maryland
- December 6