The Well is seeking an Executive/Operations Pastor who will serve as the point person to lead the church in ensuring the execution of the overall mission, vision, objectives, and strategic initiatives to fulfill its purpose. The Operations Pastor will oversee all the ministries and day-to-day affairs of The Well for maximum efficiency. This individual will essentially be an overseer, mentor, catalyst, administrator, and a minister to the congregation at large.
Five plus years of experience leading within a church or business setting with a strong and proven background in organizational and strategic leadership in management, fiscal and budgetary processes, system and group structure, and discipleship are required.
- Qualified “elder” based upon 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1; a man full of character
- Passion for the church and people far from God
- Has sound doctrinal understanding of all core Christian doctrines
- Can adequately handle God’s Word
- Believes deeply in the mission of God, the mission of the Church, and the mission and vision of The Well
- Believes his role is to, “Equip the saints for the work of ministry” (Eph. 4:12)
- Ability to shepherd and disciple individuals and groups within the congregation, and reproduce leaders who in turn will make disciples
- Ability to recruit and develop relationships with those not connected to The Well, and get them plugged in to the life of the church
- Ability to collaborate with The Well staff to further develop and implement the mission of the church
- Gifted administratively and with organizing people, systems, and structures to help accomplish the mission of the church
- Ability to recruit, manage and develop leadership with a shepherd’s orientation.
- Works well with a team, and desires to be a family, not just an organization
- A person of encouragement and able to challenge individuals to complete tasks and goals
- Ability to “put legs” on various ideas and dreams of the congregation and staff in order to help TW reach her full potential in Christ
A continued measure of success is anticipated. The following “wins” would be celebrated at The Well:
- The Well grows every year in spiritual depth as defined in the 7 CMC’s, and numerical evaluations based on the benchmarks set by The Well’s elders, HCBC | Austin, and/or Acts 29.
- Create systems and structures that help the church organize and grow, in order to help TW accomplish the overall mission of the church.
- Facilitate strategic planning, annual budgeting and development of appropriate performance metrics to evaluate the ministries of the church.
- Lead the church in establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that reach and support the church’s demographic, insuring accomplishment of the overall mission. This may include: assimilation; discipleship; community groups; membership; children’s ministry; worship/arts; service; etc.
- The Well Family feels loved, shepherded, and challenged in their faith.
- There is a clear team spirit amongst staff, particularly with the Lead Pastor, where your gifts are clearly complementing theirs.
- Leaders are being developed through your personal discipleship and “cool” stories are being shared on a consistent basis.
- The Well sees an extremely high conversion growth rate, and many stories can be tied back to your ministry. Salvations and baptisms are increasing.
- Covenant Community Classes are growing in size and depth, and cool stories of life change are being shared.
- More people are contributing their time, talents and treasure through serving on Sundays, missional initiatives, discipleship endeavors, and sacrificial giving.
KEYS TO WINNING
- Be committed to prayer, Scripture, and other disciplines. Seek to love and make much of Jesus above everything else.
- Having a personal vision and passion for the Lord, and seeing Him made famous
- Relationally and emotionally intelligent; leaves a “positive wake” and maintains a welcoming presence for all
- Incessant tinkerer; focused on making things better
- Knows how to “get the job done”
- Clear communication with staff, lay leaders, and elders
- Able to answer “how do we take the next step” consistently
- Understanding current systems and “heartbeat” of The Well and its vision and direction
- Creates new systems and structure that is needed and reproducible to help The Well take our next steps throughout the church
- Working well with Lead Pastor and The Well’s elders, and creating a family within The Well
- Understanding Austin’s culture and being able to lead contextually
- Makes himself available and known to attenders and leaders
- Casts vision and measures progress toward goals
- Desires to see disciples made from his own personal ministry and discipleship
- Shares his faith on a regular basis with neighbors as well as guests to The Well
- Be proactive about being informed about what is coming
Salary*: TBD (Market based salary to experience, duties and area)
Cell*: $70 a month cell-phone allowance
Expenses: Up to $6,000 a year
Vacation: Two-Week personal vacation, Two-week sick.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for application and more information.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorThe Vine Community Church
- Clovis, New Mexico
- October 27
Director of AdministrationTrinity Evangelical Free Church
- South Bend, Indiana
- October 27
Executive Pastor (#12140)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA South , Texas
- October 27
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- October 24
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21