Vista Community Church
Youth Pastor Job Description
FULL DESCRIPTION AND CHURCH INFO AVAILABLE ONLINE AT WWW.THEVISTA.TV/YOUTHPASTOR
The Vista Community Church is a 10-year-old church plant located in Temple, TX. We are a diverse community with people from a variety of different denominations backgrounds, and then many with no church background at all.
We treasure our unity in diversity and preserve it by staying focused on what’s most important (loving God and loving people), and embracing our differences as a source of strength instead of weakness. We love our community and want to be known as a church that makes a difference around us.
We try to do things with excellence and simplicity, cultivating an innovative but down to earth church culture. Our people are generous, gracious, hospitable, and are serious about loving Jesus by loving others, especially the un-churched and over-churched.
The greater Temple community is seeing lots of growth and we want to be positioned to grow with it.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Youth Pastor will serve the church by overseeing the Vista Community Church’s Youth Ministry (6th-12th grades).
This full-time position reports to directly to the Lead Pastor.
Works directly with the Executive Leadership Team, the Kid’s Pastor, ministry leadership, and key volunteers in all areas of ministry execution.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide vision and oversight over all aspects of Youth Ministry, in alignment with the greater vision of Vista Community Church
- Discipleship characterized by love, hospitality, joy, and generosity
- Special emphasis on the un-churched and over-churched
- Maintain a strong sense of unity while embracing diversity
- Implement strategic vision and goals for Youth Ministry
- Lead, coordinate, and possibly re-develop Sunday morning and Wednesday night programs
- Youth COMgroups
- Youth Worship
- Crave (middle school program on Sunday mornings)
- Lead and coordinate other youth programs and events
- Camps, retreats, mission trips, etc.
- Recruit, lead and empower interns and volunteer teams
- Help lead the transition in splitting the middle school and high school ministries.
- Effectively evaluate programs to ensure goals are being met and vision is accomplished
- Work closely with the Children’s Pastor and College Pastor on student transitions from one stage to the next (events, parent resources, etc…)
Ministry Oversight/Pastoral Care
- Provide pastoral care and counseling for people in the congregation as needed, especially for youth and their families
- Participate in leading elements of our corporate worship services
- Participate in staff meetings
- Manage annual budget items for the assigned areas of ministry
- Help develop and maintain community partnerships, and serve as an advocate for the Vista in the community (e.g., local associations, neighbor churches, Mary Hardin-Baylor, YoungLife etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A passionate love for the Lord, people, and a desire to serve in the local church
- A clear understanding of and desire to communicate the Gospel.
- University undergraduate degree in appropriate discipline
- Seminary or graduate degree is encouraged
- Previous experience in pastoral care, youth ministry, and discipleship is highly encouraged
- Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills and able to plan and implement a variety of types of programs
- Experience leading a large youth ministry (100 +) is encouraged
- Able to approach others in a personable way
- Able to manage a flexible work schedule
- Able and willing to work effectively in partnership with pastoral team, contributing substantive and significant value to Vista leadership
- Able to lead and motivate diverse groups of people—volunteers, interns, peers, leadership, and ministry associates
- Theological and philosophical alignment with Vista’s doctrine, vision, and mission
- In step with the future direction of Vista with regards to mission and strategy
- Must display a strong work ethic along with a healthy work/life balance
- Familiarity with Orange strategy and vision is a plus
- Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Student PastorStoryline Fellowship
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Student Ministries PastorCentral Assembly of God
- Independence, Missouri
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1