Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church Nacogdoches, Texas
Seeking Youth/Children’s Pastor
Part-Time / Full- time
Attention: This summary is not comprehensive, but is designed to give you a taste of what the church and the position are about.
How to apply:
• Send resume to email@example.com If you have any questions or need assistance call the church office at 936-559-5445
• Include your resume of experience and education
• A cover letter that combines some personal story, Please be sure to include a clear indication of
experience in the areas of ministry and requirements mentioned in this position description.
• Two or more references that are familiar with your ministry experience in relevant fields.
Character traits we are looking for; passionate, self starter, servant oriented, relational, caring, upbeat, flexible, strong organizational skills.
The Youth Pastor is the spiritual leader and head over all children’s and youth ministries in the church. As such, the Youth Pastor should both embody and give leadership to the mission, vision and values of Pleasant Hill Missionary Baptist Church. The ministry
among youth in this congregation is a vital witness to faith and an integral component of ministry and worship to the life of this congregation. It is expected that a person who seeks the position of youth ministry will have faith in Jesus Christ, a visible
passion and enthusiasm to lead the youth into relationship with God through that same faith in Jesus Christ, the desire to share the love of God through relational ministry with youth and their families, the ability to teach the scriptures
of the Old and New Testament, and a willingness to be open and honest about faith and life.
The Youth Pastor position shall be considered a part-time or full time salaried position.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Organize and lead all youth-related activities, including youth service projects and fundraisers.
• Coordinate youth Sunday and Wednesday School which includes teaching curriculum, etc.
• Use various forms of media to communicate all events and activities.
• We will expect whoever fills this position to show an interest in and have a presence at school
activities and events to develop relationships with our youth outside of church activities.
• Participate in youth camps, programs and activities with the youth.
• Recruit, train and lead adult volunteers for youth ministry.
• Visit the youth and families encouraging individual relationships and counseling of youth.
• Develop and maintain a procedure for tracking youth attendance and visitation follow-up.
• Create and maintain open and adequate communication with parents of youth.
• Actively participate in staff meetings.
• Prepare recommendations for youth budget.
• Distribute and process all necessary forms for background checks of volunteers.
• All other duties as assigned by pastor.
• Related formal education or teaching, ministry or other related: 1 year