To fulfill the vision of the church through leading a movement of disciples in engaging and glorifying God with gospel-centered worship as the core of daily life while ultimately leading people to making disciples that live on mission.
• Identify, develop and disciple worship leaders to be the backbone of every worship environment.
• Personally lead worship in multiple ministry settings including weekend gatherings.
• Lead a team in creating an environment where the people of Journey Church can both see and declare the worth of God through song, prayer and Truth.
• Live and lead with a worship vehicle that would function within the holistic understanding of the mission of Journey Church, helping to create healthy expressions of worship in both Gathered and Scattered expressions.
The Worship Pastor should be a person of high character with the ability to mold his craft in a way that connects with the mission of making disciples that represent the gospel to every man, women and child. He should be humble, prophetic, truth driven,
teachable, able to raise up, train and disciple new worship leaders, and be an individual that pursues passionate and authentic worship in his personal life before his corporate responsibility.
Other desirable qualities include:
Servant-leader, teacher, organizer and administrator.
Reports To: Executive Pastor
1. Lead & Develop Overall Worship Culture
- Be a leader within the Church whether leading with an instrument or not
- Teachable with the ability to grow into a role that molds the culture
- Participate with the Teaching Team / Worship Team to ensure that gospel-centered worship is at the center of culture of Journey Church
- Pursue excellence as appropriate to the relative size of the worship environment
2. Create a Discipleship Culture Within the Context of the Worship Ministry
- Disciple future worship leaders as first priority and develop their craft secondarily.
- Reproduce who you are, not what you want.
- Lead & build into other worship leaders out of a vibrant relationships, healthy family, and rich community, setting the pace and culture to engage God through daily worship.
- Lead worship and train others to lead worship in using the scriptures to bring the Gathered body of Journey Church into the presence of God
- Raise an army of men and women who are gifted to lead worship, equipped to do it with theological soundness, convicted to grow in both character and competency, and committed to doing it all for the goal of making disciples who represent the gospel the
world around them.
- Create a Gathered culture that understands they are primarily a collection of missional families who have gathered to worship rather than a worshipping body who sometimes does mission
3. Oversee all Worship Environments at Journey Church & Special Events
- Develop weekly worship sets built around teaching passages in weekend environments.
- Recruit, Train, Deploy and Review with worship leaders for all aspects of leading weekend gatherings.
- Schedule worship team(s) for Sunday experiences.
- Oversee the training and implementation of the volunteers building out the que-sheets and propresenter for all gatherings.
- Prepare music & lead band members when leading worship
- Oversee all aspects of online campus. Includes recruiting, developing and shepherding creative team members. Ultimately, this person is responsible for ensuring the success of online ministry, but the expectation is that they create a volunteer leadership
and training pipeline that allows them to operate in broad oversight. (help in developing this structure will be given from other members of Journey Church staff)
- Oversee all aspects of Audio, Visual & Lighting. Includes recruiting, developing and shepherding creative team members. Oversight of scheduling AVL volunteers for all environments. The successful administration of AVL is part of this job. Ultimately, this
person is responsible for ensuring the success of AVL, but the expectation is they create a volunteer pipeline that allows them to operate in broad oversight. (help in developing this structure will be given from other members of Journey Church staff) Is able
to understand and train others in the marriage between the Art and the Science of AVL.
- Audition, teach and practice with potential worship team members
- Oversee media packages to create a cohesive message/look for each gathering, series and season as necessary.
4. Cultural Creation and Multiplication
- Worship School (internally focused on Journey Church as well as externally)
- Original song writing
- Original music production
- Resource other churches / organizations / worship leaders
5. Personal Growth & Development
- Create and follow a personal growth plan that focuses on your individual purpose, passions and priorities to ensure your ongoing personal spiritual formation and discipleship.
- Meet regularly with like-minded leaders through local A29network for roundtables/cohorts, best practices and mutual encouragement.
A degreed or its equivalent in Ministry or Worship is preferred to include two to four years of related experience. Experience, training or its equivalent can be a combined to meet the above-mentioned requirements. Background and experience in developing
volunteer teams, online communities, AVL and media experience is preferred.
Salary based on experience
Vacation (not to be taken during pick growth periods or holidays)
Compensation for Health Plan
Background check and references required
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org