**In order to be considered for this role, applicants MUST visit our website at www.kingswaychurch.org/connect/employment and submit the following: (1) Online Application (2) Resume (3) Cover Letter explaining desire to be in a leadership role (4) Teaching sample via link or hard copy. Applicants who do not submit these three items will not be considered.**
Student Team Leader
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time (Ministerial)
Responsible to: Executive Director of Ministries
Mission and Purpose: To provide leadership and strategic oversight for the Student Ministry at Kingsway.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership to all Student Ministry programs (5th – 12th Grade)
- Lead the Student Ministry Team in casting vision and developing a thriving ministry for students which embraces the overall mission, vision, core values and comprehensive ministry plan of KCC.
- Evaluating Student Ministry components to ensure they are accomplishing the aforementioned vision and goals
- Establish a discipleship plan for students
- Develop and maintain a strategy for connecting parents to what is happening in Student Ministry
- Lead and/or attend trips and events in coordination with the Student Team
- Continue in personal spiritual formation and professional development
- Serve as a member of Kingsway’s ministerial team and engage in ministerial responsibilities as directed.
- Serve on the Leadership Team as head of the Student Team.
- Connect with ‘counter-parts’ at KCS and utilize opportunities to connect & engage for a healthy ministry relationship.
- Evaluate Student Ministry components to ensure they are accomplishing common objectives.
- Lead department meetings and establish teaching schedule/rotations for various student environments
7th – 12th Grade Programming:
- Develop teaching series and schedule
- Primary communicator in this environment; also responsible for recruiting/raising up other voices to speak into the lives of students
- Oversee, recruit, develop & cast vision for all volunteers & life group leaders within the 7th – 12th grade ministry
- Work with the Worship Team to incorporate elements that support the teaching
- Create curriculum to facilitate life group discussion based on the week’s message
- Communicate the agenda and life group curriculum to the student life group leaders in a timely fashion
- Implement training & communication strategies to ensure all volunteers best meet the objectives of the Student Ministry
- Build relationships, shepherd and develop leaders to become more like Christ and to take on leadership roles
- Provide recognition and appreciation for volunteer team on a regular and consistent basis along with Student Team
Management of Student Team:
- Supervises: Student Associate 5th & 6th Grade | Student Administrative Assistant
- Lead the formation of a comprehensive student ministry that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among team members.
- Coaching, development, shepherding, goal-setting and performance appraisal for Student Team.
- Ensure necessary interdepartmental communication to maximize overall church ministry.
- Develop an annual pro-growth ministry plan that aligns with Kingsway’s vision, mission, core values and comprehensive ministry plan.
- Develop and oversee the annual budget for the Student Team
- Bachelor degree required. Desired that degree be in related field; or 3-5 years ministry leadership experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience desired.
- Important Qualities and Characteristics: Mature Christian with clearly articulated theological understanding | Intuitive, humble and visionary leader | Diplomatic and authentic conflict manager | Passionate about raising up the next generation of Christians | Able to engage student culture
- Skills and experience desired: Large group teaching | Cooperative spirit with excellent communication & interpersonal skills | Supervising, shepherding, leading & developing people, groups & teams | Strategic thinking and planning
- Must be a member of Kingsway Christian Church and be a positively engaged participant.
- Confidentiality – This position regularly handles confidential information such as Church Attendee information, family meetings, volunteer background information and medical information. It is expected to keep this confidential at all times.
- Ordination Required. This position is considered a “ministerial” position and as such, is eligible for a housing allowance under IRS law so long as the employee meets all other IRS requirements for housing allowance.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Life DevelopmentCrosswinds Church
- Oronoco, Minnesota
- January 19
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Youth Pastor - Full TimeBeulah Alliance Church
- Edmonton, Alberta
- January 19
Student PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- January 19
Director of Youth MinistriesMountain View United Methodist Church
- Forest, Virginia
- January 19
Kingsway Christian Church
Growing Christian Church in the Indianapolis west suburbs.
Our Vision - Kingsway… a place where the lost and broken are transformed by the love of Christ.
Our Mission - To lead people who are far from God into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ