**In order to be considered for this role, applicants MUST visit our website at www.kingswaychurch.org/connect/employment and submit the following: (1) Online Application (2) Resume (3) Cover Letter explaining desire to be in a leadership role (4) Teaching sample via link or hard copy. Applicants who do not submit these three items will not be considered.**
Student Team Leader
FLSA: Exempt | Full-Time (Ministerial)
Responsible to: Executive Director of Ministries
Mission and Purpose: To provide leadership and strategic oversight for the Student Ministry at Kingsway.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership to all Student Ministry programs (5th – 12th Grade)
- Lead the Student Ministry Team in casting vision and developing a thriving ministry for students which embraces the overall mission, vision, core values and comprehensive ministry plan of KCC.
- Evaluating Student Ministry components to ensure they are accomplishing the aforementioned vision and goals
- Establish a discipleship plan for students
- Develop and maintain a strategy for connecting parents to what is happening in Student Ministry
- Lead and/or attend trips and events in coordination with the Student Team
- Continue in personal spiritual formation and professional development
- Serve as a member of Kingsway’s ministerial team and engage in ministerial responsibilities as directed.
- Serve on the Leadership Team as head of the Student Team.
- Connect with ‘counter-parts’ at KCS and utilize opportunities to connect & engage for a healthy ministry relationship.
- Evaluate Student Ministry components to ensure they are accomplishing common objectives.
- Lead department meetings and establish teaching schedule/rotations for various student environments
7th – 12th Grade Programming:
- Develop teaching series and schedule
- Primary communicator in this environment; also responsible for recruiting/raising up other voices to speak into the lives of students
- Oversee, recruit, develop & cast vision for all volunteers & life group leaders within the 7th – 12th grade ministry
- Work with the Worship Team to incorporate elements that support the teaching
- Create curriculum to facilitate life group discussion based on the week’s message
- Communicate the agenda and life group curriculum to the student life group leaders in a timely fashion
- Implement training & communication strategies to ensure all volunteers best meet the objectives of the Student Ministry
- Build relationships, shepherd and develop leaders to become more like Christ and to take on leadership roles
- Provide recognition and appreciation for volunteer team on a regular and consistent basis along with Student Team
Management of Student Team:
- Supervises: Student Associate 5th & 6th Grade | Student Administrative Assistant
- Lead the formation of a comprehensive student ministry that fosters good communication and a strong sense of community among team members.
- Coaching, development, shepherding, goal-setting and performance appraisal for Student Team.
- Ensure necessary interdepartmental communication to maximize overall church ministry.
- Develop an annual pro-growth ministry plan that aligns with Kingsway’s vision, mission, core values and comprehensive ministry plan.
- Develop and oversee the annual budget for the Student Team
- Bachelor degree required. Desired that degree be in related field; or 3-5 years ministry leadership experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience desired.
- Important Qualities and Characteristics: Mature Christian with clearly articulated theological understanding | Intuitive, humble and visionary leader | Diplomatic and authentic conflict manager | Passionate about raising up the next generation of Christians | Able to engage student culture
- Skills and experience desired: Large group teaching | Cooperative spirit with excellent communication & interpersonal skills | Supervising, shepherding, leading & developing people, groups & teams | Strategic thinking and planning
- Must be a member of Kingsway Christian Church and be a positively engaged participant.
- Confidentiality – This position regularly handles confidential information such as Church Attendee information, family meetings, volunteer background information and medical information. It is expected to keep this confidential at all times.
- Ordination Required. This position is considered a “ministerial” position and as such, is eligible for a housing allowance under IRS law so long as the employee meets all other IRS requirements for housing allowance.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19
Youth/Creative MinisterBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Kingsway Christian Church
Growing Christian Church in the Indianapolis west suburbs.
Our Vision - Kingsway… a place where the lost and broken are transformed by the love of Christ.
Our Mission - To lead people who are far from God into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ