Holly Springs Baptist Church is seeking an ordained minister to serve as Senior Pastor.
Denomination – Baptist
Worship Style - Our worship style is contemporary, incorporating media and graphics into our services. Our theology is conservative.
Average Weekly Attendance- 250
Job Status - Full Time
Job Description-.The senior pastor is responsible for providing leadership to equip the congregation, church organizations and church staff in all areas of ministry so that all are prepared to perform their tasks and function effectively
as a New Testament church.
As the leader of the pastoral ministries in the church, he works with the elders, deacons and ministerial staff:
1. To Proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers;
2. As an under shepherd of God to train and provide leadership to lead the church in the achievement of its mission; and
3. To care for the church’s members and for other persons in the community.
1. To earnestly carry on a preaching, teaching, and training ministry, with the aim of bringing each member to a place of spiritual maturity and fruitfulness, and to be a place of spiritual harmony with the rest of the church body;
2. To set an example in Christian living and dedication;
3. To oversee the administration of the ordinances;
4. To serve as a co-equal on the Council of Elders.
5. To endeavor to fill the pulpit on a regular and consistent basis.
6. To lead the congregation in evangelism and soul winning.
Be an ordained minister with a minimum of five years of experience, preferably as a senior pastor.
Education - Seminary degree- Masters or above preferred, but not required.
Family - Ideally, we would like someone who is married and whose marriage reflects church values. If married, the spouse's faith and participation in church will be a factor to be considered.
HSBC began in October 2002 as a new church with a desire to reach the lost, love the unwanted, and make mature disciples. We are unique in our area in that we offer something for everyone. Our congregation is made up largely of people who are centered
in Baptist theology. HSBC is located in East Texas piney woods northeast of Nacogdoches situated near new Lake Naconiche. The congregation comes from surrounding small rural communities and Nacogdoches, home of Stephen F Austin University.
Our current attendance averages 250, and there is great potential for growth.
Demographics of Congregation:
Categories match census Categories match SBC data
0-17 55.3% (not counting under 15)
18-34 14.6% 15-24 10.8%
35-54 14.9% 25-44 36.7%
55-64 4.7% 45-64 30.8%
65 and over 10.5% 64 and over
HSBC desires a pastor who passionately loves Jesus Christ and will be dedicated to leading our church in doing His work.
Holly Springs Baptist Church has a 17 acre campus with a main Worship building and a Generations building that has a Gymnasium and separate Youth and Children’s areas. Additionally, there is a softball field and rodeo arena.
9:15 AM Connect Groups
10:30 AM Worship (separate Kid’s Worship)
6:30 PM Adult Small Groups; Student Ministry; Children’s Ministry; Preschool Ministry
How To Respond-
We are accepting applications by email. Send application to
David Norman, Chairman Pastor Search Committee HSBC at email@example.com
Phone (936) 554-8976
Resumes should be in the following format:
Philosophy of ministry
Current church ministry (size, what has God done during your ministry, etc.)
Other employment if bi-vocational
Civic community activities
Church related references
Web links to sermons posted online