Mid School (Junior High) Pastor
The mission of Daybreak Church is to reach our community with the Gospel of Christ and to be a safe place for people to come and hear Biblical and life changing truth. It is our desire to be culturally and relationally relevant to the community that surrounds
us and apply the message of the Scriptures to peoples’ lives.
Carlsbad and Daybreak Church
Daybreak Church is a vibrant, growing and relatively young fellowship in coastal North San Diego County. The church facility is located in the heart of one of the fastest growing areas in the county with many young families in the immediate and surrounding
neighborhoods. There is an elementary and middle school just a few blocks away. Carlsbad is an affluent beach community and the members of Daybreak reflect that culture.
- Lead Christ-centered, relational, life-issued, discipleship oriented Sunday morning services and a high energy program with an evangelistic bent on Wednesday for students in grades 6-8
- Lead a core team of parents and other adult leaders in growing a highly credible, accountable and relational ministry
- Attend staff meetings as prescribed and function as a member of the Daybreak Church staff
- A heart for God and a sincere personal desire to grow in the knowledge of His Word
- The proven ability to dynamically teach the Scriptures to young people and mentor them in Christ
- The ability to build and lead a team of dedicated volunteers in order to increase relational and program effectiveness of the ministry
- The desire and willingness to be a member of the church staff team and to grow relationally in ministry with and to them
- The ability to humbly take direction and supervision from senior ministry staff
College graduate; prefer Bible college or seminary graduate but will consider applicant currently enrolled in a ministry degree program
At least 2 years of youth ministry experience, preferably in same age group within a church or a parachurch organization
Compensation and Commitment
This is a 40 hour per week full-time position.
The position will be compensated based on education and experience.
To apply for this position please send a current resume to: