Sycamore Presbyterian Church is looking for a passionate, visionary Christian to serve as Executive Director of Family Ministries. This individual will facilitate the development of life-long relationships with Jesus Christ for the whole
family. This ministry begins with children at birth through high school, also working with parents and marriage ministries. The role offers the unique opportunity to develop and implement a Family Ministries program that will deepen family bonds through Christ.
This vibrant, strategic leader will steer a team of four dynamic staff members and empower volunteers to deliver year-long programming.
- Champions the role of parents as primary faith trainers in their children’s’ lives in each phase of life
- Develop and execute marriage programs aimed at strengthening marriages, addressing marriages in crises, and preparing those entering into marriage
- Develop and teach programs relevant to parents and families in different phases of life
- Ensure that all programming is biblically sound and designed to build disciples of Jesus Christ
- Oversee and lead the key milestone associated with parents and families in different phases of life including, but not limited to, Baptisms, Confirmations and Marriages
- Lead worship as appropriate
- Weddings and Funerals as requested (if ordained)
- Must be a Christian who loves Jesus Christ and is passionate about helping parents and families be alive in Christ
- A successful background in recruiting, equipping, and empowering volunteers
- Prior experience in leading a team of professionals and/or volunteers
- Must be mindful of parent and family needs at various stages and be able to relate with empathy to all parents and families, regardless of background
- Ability to build relationships and build trust with parents and their families
- Actively participate in personal spiritual growth and development opportunities outside of ministry such as prayer, bible study, etc.
- An enthusiastic and energetic individual who can provide a model for parents and families to demonstrate when to lead, when to follow, and how to serve
- Theological training or Ordination with a Master’s degree preferred
To be a church leader is a significant responsibility, because the church belongs to the living God. Church leaders should be chosen by the church because of their respect of the truth, both in what they believe and in how they live.
Interested applicants should complete an online application located here:
and submit their resume to SycamoreFamilyMinistry@gmail.com