If applying for this position, please include a resume and a video of yourself teaching or speaking at church. You can apply through Church Staffing or send an email directly to email@example.com
Stonehill is a new exciting church that was launched out of Rockharbor Church in Meridian, Idaho. You can check out Stonehill Church at www.stonehill.church and Rockharbor Church at www.rockharbor.tv
In the spring of 2012, Keith Harrington and Doug Connelly, along with a team of other amazing people, launched Rockharbor Church in North Meridian, Idaho. In the past four years, God has grown Rockharbor spiritually and numerically. Rockharbor is now
averaging over 1900 people in attendance each Sunday.
Rockharbor believes in not just the little “c” church, but also the big “C” church. Because of this, the leadership of Rockharbor has been led to launch Stonehill in the Fall of 2016 in Meridian, Idaho.
Since the launch this past August 2016, Stonehill is now up and running and has over 700 people coming each Sunday and God continues to bring new people each week.
The role of the Stonehill Executive Pastor is to personally live out and equip Stonehill in the mission in being the light of Jesus to reach those that are from God. This individual must assist the Lead Pastor in ensuring the strategic ministry objectives
of the church are effectively and efficiently attained. The core values of Stonehill must be lived out, replicated, and are the filter through which this role and all functions of this role is executed successfully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Support Stonehill’s strategic planning and staff coordination in execution of strategic ministry objectives.
- Help define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff. Assist the staff in developing new ministry programs so that Stonehill is appropriately responsive to identified needs and church growth.
- Provide significant input in vision casting and goal setting.
- Monitor the pulse of the congregation through research and evaluation.
- Ensure staffing, facilities and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet our strategic goals.
- Oversee the preparation of annual ministry plans and champion appropriate resourcing of initiatives.
- Weekend Message Speaking 6-10 times per year.
Chief of Staff
- Oversee hiring of new staff. Lead, train, evaluate and develop church staff.
- Provide leadership to the staff in the design and implementation of their annual ministry plans.
- Conduct status updates with departments including but not limited to Finance, Children’s, Student’s, Groups, Worship/Creative, Administration, Communications, and Connections Ministry.
- Serve as Stonehills intentional agent of unity across all staff, ministries, and functions to best complete Stonehill’s objectives.
- Assist and provide oversight in the administration of the financial functions of the church, including: cash flow, annual budget preparation, contributions, insurance, banking and financing, payroll, leases, budget planning and oversight.
- Human Resource Management issues—oversee and participate in the administration of performance evaluations, and on-going informal performance feedback.
- Oversee the effective staffing and functioning of all other administrative and facilities support functions.
- Development of, documentation of, and adherence to church policies and procedures.
- Other pastoral or administrative duties as requested or assigned by the Lead Pastor or Elder Board.
Personal & Professional Qualifications
- Sufficient experience on a senior leadership team within a medium to large church context that reveals skills necessary for this role.
- An appropriate educational background.
- Ability to supervise pastoral staff and to understand, motivate, and support ministry leaders.
- Personal initiative and diligence that produces follow-through in tasks.
- Able to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors both God and people.
- Understand group dynamics and ensure effective consensus building and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church.
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- A heart for God that is evidenced by proven character and a spiritual-mindedness that understands that “apart from Christ we can do nothing.”
- A strong marriage and family life visible to others.
- A shepherd’s temperament; servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination.
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting.
- Solid biblical/theological convictions that are aligned with the Stonehill leadership.