Position: PASTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRIES
Reports To: Pastor/Administrator
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Purpose: To edify the body, by encouraging and equipping parents to disciple their families, and facilitating the student ministries (birth through college) of Monroe Missionary Baptist Church, to the glory of God.
- Oversee all areas of Family Ministries, with specific responsibility for facilitating the Student Ministries aspect of Monroe Missionary Baptist Church. Ministries include children’s church, mission friends, GA’s, RA’s, youth, college and career.
- Assist parents in equipping students to develop a meaningful and growing relationship with Christ, and to use their spiritual gifts for eternal purposes.
- Assist parents in teaching students how to independently think biblically, applying growing biblical knowledge to the situations and questions students face.
- Introduce programs and direct teaching using curriculum consistent with the mission and values of Monroe Missionary Baptist Church.
- Proactively connect with students and parents in mentoring and disciple-making relationships intended to motivate students to love God more deeply and become spiritual leaders in their spheres of influence.
- Facilitate outreach activities, mission trips, retreats, student meetings, and other evangelistic activities.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers, developing a cohesive team that ministers to families.
- Submit annual Family Ministries budget and manage ongoing ministry-related expenses within approved budgeted parameters.
- Lend counsel to both students and parents in conjunction with the other Pastors, including intervening in cases of crisis.
- Serve as a liaison between Monroe Missionary Baptist Church and the schools attended by students in our church. Promote a regular program of visitation for personal contact with students at school approved times.
- Coordinate and oversee Youth worship services.
- Preach as called upon by the Pastor.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes
- Spiritually mature born-again believer with an active, evident and maturing relationship with Christ, and a thorough knowledge of the Bible.
- The Family Minister is expected to be a servant leader. He is expected to live an exemplary life style modeling the call, character, and competencies becoming a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will demonstrate a servant spirit as a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Must have a strong prayer and devotional life. Must possess and passionately convey a vocational calling to family ministry in local church setting.
- Must be licensed or ordained minister.
- Must strive to live with integrity to God's Word and as a Godly example before the entire congregation.
- Embodies the biblical qualifications of pastor.
- In good standing with former churches and produces strong references.
- Effective communicator, motivator, and team builder, with a pastoral heart.
- Fully supportive of Monroe Missionary Baptist Church’s vision statement, Southern Baptist statement of faith and core values.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must be able to meet physical demands of the position.
- Must have a valid drivers license with expectation of attaining a Michigan Chauffeur License.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Christian education, or related field, preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with a combination of equivalent education and experience. Minimum of five years experience in student/family ministry.
Travel required based on ministry needs.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Family MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- October 27
Children's Ministry Director (171702)Private Profile
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Senior Pastor (767612)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20