Director ASAP (After School Arts and Sports Program) website: www.ASAPcove.org
- To provide leadership, direction, and hands on involvement in every aspect of ASAP
- To provide visible leadership for ASAP among the congregation of The Cove. This will mean maintaining active involvement in our congregation.
- To increase and improve upon the accomplishments, goals and standards that have been achieved by ASAP.
Hours and Accountability:
- The Director will work five days a week (between noon and 6:30pm, weekdays), ordinarily between 32 and 40 hours per week, 50 weeks per year. On school closure days and summer break, ASAP is open from 8am to 6pm.
- The Director will be supervised by the Pastor of The Cove and the ASAP Steering Committee. This ministry is a community service and outreach project of The Cove and as such, it is vitally connected to the ongoing life of the congregation.
The Ideal Candidate Would Be:
A winsome leader: kids must like you, parents must feel confident about you, staff must want to work for you
A capable administrator: with a track record of financial skills, publishing skills, and marketing skills
A creative problem solver: new situations emerge every day, requiring the ability to constantly adjust
Strong enough to climb ladders, play with kids, set up equipment: the physical demands of this job are taxing
Willing to do every job: e.g., cleaning paintbrushes, washing the van, teaching music, playing basketball
An athlete and an artist: we need to offer a more robust sports curriculum
A strategic planner: we have to plan ahead to find teachers, staff, transportation, and customers
Able to articulate the vision of ASAP: nurturing children toward a godly life through the arts and recreation
Foster and maintain The Cove’s commitment to ASAP, financially and as the primary pool of volunteer
Design and publish brochures as needed
Advertise and conduct public relations and
Maintain program attendance between 30 and 40
Ensure prompt communication with parents while their kids are at ASAP
Spanish language skills are desired
Recruit and schedule volunteers and paid staff
Supervise, train, and evaluate
Ensure the staff is paid fairly and timely
Manage the staff well
Interacting with Children
Earn the trust of the children. Play with them. Help them with homework. Nurture and care for them.
Obtain Class B Driver’s License and pick-up kids from school
Supervise the daily snack
Ensure a tidy and sanitary environment
Bookkeeping and Financial Management
Send out billing statements to parents
Maintain the scholarship program
Keep expenses and income balanced
Ensure a steady offering of sports and arts
Teach new skills to kids, especially sports skills
Maintain a clear and up to date site to facilitate enrollment
Compensation: $17 to $22/hour depending upon education and experience. You will accrue holiday pay, sick leave and two weeks paid vacation, but no health care benefit, except a supplemental insurance benefit. The Cove, as the employing organization, will pay payroll taxes (fica and worker’s comp).
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com. In your cover letter, demonstrate familiarity with the purpose, program, pricing, curriculum, and philosophy of ASAP as expressed on our website, and give specific examples of how you meet the requirements of this job. Provide at least three references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorMt. Olive UMC
- marion, Indiana
- January 16
Children's Ministry DirectorKempsville Presbyterian Church
- Virginia Beach, Virginia
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Children's DirectorGreater Mt Zion Baptist Church
- Austin, Texas
- January 13
Director of Family MinistriesMinistry Architects
- Shreveport, Louisiana
- January 13