Pastor of Children and Young Families
Life Pointe Chuch, Lacey WA
Life Pointe Church of Olympia is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Pastor of Children and Young Families.
The primary function of the Pastor of Children and Young Families is to contribute to the fulfillment of Life Pointe’s mission and vision by enlisting, training and deploying strong teams to lead children from birth through fifth grade in a growing relationship
with Jesus Christ, and to equip their parents as their primary spiritual influencers.
A candidate considered for this position will…
- proactively cultivate a genuine, personal walk of obedient faith in Jesus Christ
- evidence a passion to see people of all ages reconciled to God
- meet the New Testament qualifications for leadership in the church
- embrace Life Pointe’s statements of faith, mission, vision and values
- accept the challenges and maximize the opportunities of leading in a portable church
- possess proven giftedness and effectiveness in ministry leadership to children and families
- demonstrate outstanding relational effectiveness
- possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- be an effective recruiter, team builder and equipper
- have substantial classroom experience in teaching children and adults
- demonstrate competency in the effective use of media
- have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field
The Pastor of Children and Young Families will…
- creatively promote Life Pointe’s ministries to children and families
- enthusiastically participate in leadership of Life Pointe’s mission in the community
- enlist, train and lead innovative ministry teams
- develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our children, and the effectiveness of our ministry to children and their families.
- oversee selection and implementation of curriculum and educational resources
- develop and administer the annual budget for these ministry areas
- personally encourage the other members of Life Pointe’s leadership community
- proactively pursue professional growth and ministry effectiveness
- actively support the mission of Converge Worldwide and Converge Northwest
- implement ministries that equip and encourage parents in the spiritual nurture of their children
The Pastor of Children and Young Families serves at the will of the Lead Pastor, reports directly to him, and is a collaborative member of the Life Pointe Staff.
This is a full-time, salaried position, offering full medical and dental benefits. Compensation will be determined on the basis of the candidate’s education and experience.
To initiate the application process, please submit your resume, a family photo, and a letter describing your interest in this position
by June 30, 2016 to Lead Pastor Jim Hays, Life Pointe Church, 4631 Whitman Lane SE, Suite C, Lacey WA 98513, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about this position, please visit our website, www.lifepointewa.com.
Life Pointe is an evangelical church, affiliated with Converge Worldwide (www.converge.org), and our local district, Converge Northwest (www.convergenw.org).
Life Pointe was planted in Lacey, WA in 2008 by our Lead Pastor, Jim Hays, his wife Marcie and a launch team of about 35 visionary people. Lacey is right next to Olympia, the capitol of the state of Washington, sixty miles south of Seattle. Our mission
statement expresses what is true of us: “We are continually going to the people of our world, inviting them into welcoming communities, and leading them in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.”
Our vision is to multiply Christ-followers, leaders, and churches throughout the south Puget Sound region and beyond.
Life Pointe is a portable church, currently meeting on the beautiful campus of Timberline High School in Lacey, with permanent offices in a nearby office complex. Our paid staff now consists of two full-time Pastors and one Administrative Assistant. At
present, our children’s ministry is led by a team of committed and capable volunteers.
Our current average Sunday attendance is 220. On any given Sunday, our children may make up a quarter to a third of our overall attendance.
A viable candidate for this position will have a viral personal faith in Jesus Christ, and be a missional leader, innovator and effective recruiter and trainer. He or she will evidence the maturity and professionalism to contribute interdependently as part
of a pastoral team, and to relate effectively with volunteers, parents and children alike.