*** TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa ***
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR MINISTER
LOCATION: BROKEN ARROW, OK
SALARY RANGE: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 600
MinisterSearch (https://MinisterSearch.com/) is partnering with a visionary church that is seeking their next Sr. Minister. While having a rich history of being a generational congregation, since
they moved into their current facility 7 years ago, they have seen more and more young families with children becoming a part of the church--many of whom were first involved through their Preschool. They have a simple mission: Love God, Love people, and they
are passionate about living that mission through their core values.
This church is seeking a Sr. Minister who can cast a strong vision, mentor the team, is able to communicate relevant applications of the truths of God’s Word to the congregation, as well as being a relational minister who likes being “with the people.” Additionally,
the successful candidate will be an energetic lead shepherd of the church who seeks and cast a vision and who is progressive in his approach to ministry and leadership.
Named one of the most affordable suburbs in the south by Business Weekly, Broken Arrow, Tulsa's largest suburb, also has a great public school system, and is considered one of the safest cities in the nation. A network of sidewalks and trails connect
neighborhoods to parks, and the city's collection of athletic facilities encourage residents to participate in many sports. Broken Arrow is also surrounded by lakes and some of Oklahoma's most scenic natural areas.
Additionally, it is quickly becoming a magnet for high-tech companies, entrepreneurs and innovators. Its location near Tulsa International Airport and major transportation routes, business-friendly atmosphere, and cultural amenities make it an attractive
option for those looking to enjoy both the relaxed pace of a small town and proximity to a larger city.
This church's friendly and welcoming congregation and this family-oriented suburb offer many ministry opportunities as well as an outstanding community in which to live and raise a family.
- Prepare and preach weekly biblically based sermons with real life, modern-day application
- Display a passion for God, a Christ-like spirit, and maintain a daily personal devotional time
- Together with the Worship Minister develop a coordinated, dynamic worship environment that is creative and engaging to all who attend
- Serve as a shepherd by ministering to and serving the congregation for the sake of Christ
- Through preaching, social media, and ongoing staff and congregational engagement, instill a high regard for the value of the church's culture and a clear vision for the mission to which God has called the church
- Develop a creative, motivated, highly committed team with a unified purpose and direction
- Effectively train disciples and equip leaders for ministry through personal mentoring, preaching, and teaching
- Take proactive approach toward identifying problems or challenges and offer creative solutions for resolution
- Connect and communicate with congregation for purpose of engaging and encouraging
- Be known in the community by participating in community organizations and events
- Maintain organized update and forecasting of plans, series, staffing, trends, visions, etc.
- Coordinate and lead weekly staff meetings and other activities in the execution of set goals and objectives
- A minimum of a 4-year Degree from a Bible College or equivalent
- At least 5 years' pastoral staff experience with experience teaching/preaching
- Demonstrate spiritual, leadership, and preaching growth as well as success through leading individuals/team
- Ability to articulate the alternatives to modern social/cultural issues while still maintaining the 'love God, love others' approach and being welcoming to all
- Excellent, engaging communicator able to teach scripture with purpose/application and convey the vision and mission of the church to its members, regular attendees, visitors and those in the community
- A collaborative leader of leaders who is a mentor/developer and encourager of the staff
- Qualities of authenticity, vulnerability, and transparency which are evidenced in personal life, family relationships, and ministry
- Able to deal with conflict directly, openly, honestly and graciously
- Has and shows solid time management and organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate and analyze several activities at once
- Knowledge of and ability to use current technology including social media to inform and reach out to the congregation and the community
*** TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa