The Weekend Stage Manager works on a team of technical artists to execute Weekend and Midweek services. The Stage Manager leads the volunteer team to assist artists and speakers, coordinate and execute all theatrical stage moves, and assist the Technical
Director with any other production needs during services. This role also executes live video projection, including projector setup and integration.
- Weekend and Midweek service stage management, including stage preparation; band load-in and soundcheck; and theatrical needs, including scenic moves, speaker props, special effects, theatrical rigging, etc.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and lead the Weekend and Midweek volunteer stage team.
- Assist other team members with audio, lighting, video, and scenic setup.
- Create and update weekly stage documents.
- Manage inventory of message props, flip charts, furniture, audio equipment, band equipment, and special effects.
- Partner with the Weekend Lighting Engineer for live video projection needs including calculation, setup, and integration.
- Responsible for live production effects equipment, including low-lying fog, confetti and streamers, snow machines, etc.
- Ability to read a situation, use good judgment, and quickly make a decision
- Extremely comfortable and cool under intense pressure
- Basic knowledge of all areas of live production
- Ability to build, train, and maintain a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with high emotional and relational intelligence, are required, including a focus on customer service
- Strong organization skills
- Detail-oriented and action-oriented
- Willing to engage equally with both simple, repetitive tasks and technically complex needs
- Background in theater and theatrical rigging a plus
- Comfortable learning and using software to create stage documents, including Microsoft Visio and OmniGraffle
- Basic live video knowledge a plus
If you would like to apply for this position, please use our internal application process using the following link:
(you may need to copy this link and paste it into your browser)
Appliants who do not complete our online application by using our personal like above will not be considered.