We are looking for our next Worship Pastor. The strong candidate will have a strong calling to the local church and its community. They will be confident in their growing leadership abilities and secure in who they are both on and off stage. This person
will likely have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and experience leading people especially in the area of worship. With the current needs of our ministry, the strong full-time candidate would also bring creative strengths to the overall
ministry of C2 and its continued growth. Education and experience in marketing, communications, production, graphic arts and video would make you stand out in a crowd of musicians and worship leaders.
C2 is an established church in the heart of Missouri, home to the University of Missouri (MIZZOU). With 110,000 people and an additional 35,000 students, Columbia is a sizeable city with the conveniences and features of a larger city but the advantages of
a smaller community. Home to several large corporations besides the anchor of Mizzou, the growing city of Columbia continues to be one of the top cities in the nation to live.
C2 sees itself as a church that will reach the heart of mid-Missouri through a multi-site approach to its weekend ministry. Surrounded by several rural communities, C2 desires to create vibrant faith communities that reach young families in need of a life-giving
church. By creating well-resourced campuses, we see C2 impacting these communities through relationships, service, and practical-yet-fun ministry to families.
The role of Worship and Creative Arts Pastor is to lead people into relationship with Christ through the use of worship music. This pastor will also coordinate the production of the weekend experience in relationship to all creative elements. They will help
create an experience that invites and inspires the new attender as well as engage the regular attender.
- Lead weekly worship leaders and teams in practice and weekend services
- Coordinate creative and technical aspects of weekend services
- Responsible for recruiting, training and coordination of worship teams
- Work with Lead pastor and creative team to design and implement strategic plan and creative elements of ministry and communication
- Other responsibilities may include assisting Student Ministry Worship, overseeing production of Academy Chapel, and other special ministry events.
- Have a track record of recruiting, training and leading teams
- Be a leader of leaders
- Ability to delegate, equip and multiply
- Heart for God and love for people
- A people person- must be relational and outgoing with a pastor/shepherd heart
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to oversee projects with a team approach
- A team player that gets ministry in a high-paced setting in a growing church
- Worked in church setting of 300+
- Understand contemporary worship in a multi-cultural, multi-generational setting
- Ability to lead people in worship through song and media
- Ability to lead from guitar or piano a plus
- Experience with (or ability to learn) necessary apps: ProPresenter, Planning Center, etc.) Experience with Mac products a plus.
- Ability to create and use click-tracks and background loops
- Comprehension of music theory and ability with other instruments a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for use in a variety of settings from formal presentations and large community gatherings to informational meetings to 1 on 1 counseling or discipleship opportunities
- Key spiritual gifts including leadership, creative worship, administration and shepherding
- Attitude of excellence and flexibility to work in a high-paced and fun environment
- Degree in Bible, theology, Christian leadership or related fields
- Reports directly to Lead Pastor and is a member of the leadership team
- works closely and collaboratively with Lead Pastor and creative team
- supervises related volunteers and volunteer teams
- Typically Tuesday - Friday and on Sundays, occasional Saturdays - typically 40-50 hours a week.
- Weekly team huddles, monthly staff meetings, weekly practices
- Salary commensurate to education and experience
- Full-time benefits include health, dental, vision and life/LTD insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Tuition benefits for dependents enrolled at Christian Chapel Academy