Park Avenue Christian Academy
This position is responsible for the planning, organization, administration, and daily supervision of the operation of Park Avenue Christian Academy (PACA). This position is part of the Pastoral Staff, and all work is performed under the general oversight of the Academy Council; along with input from the Park Avenue Baptist Church (PABC) Leadership. Church related duties for the school Administrator are found in the Head Administrator Position Description. The Administrator serves as a non-voting member of the council and is responsible for the implementation of policies established by the Council and recommending changes or additions to these policies as required to maintain effective operations of Park Avenue Christian Academy. PACA is a ministry of the church and the goal is to assure that the PACA programs are in harmony with the ministries of PABC and are adequate to achieve the school mission. PACA has approximately 325 students (vpk-8th), is accredited through ACSI, and has approx. 40 staff comprised of both full-time and part-time. The administrator also serves as a member of the Gilchrist Educational Foundation; a fundraising mechanism for the school. To learn more about the school and the church; visit http://www.pacacademy.org or www.parkavenue.org.
Spiritual / Personal
The candidate shall…
- Have a strong Christian testimony and be a Christian role model to students, staff and parents
- Become an active member of Park Avenue Baptist Church; this includes family. Expected to be active members supporting the Titusville community.
- Endorse and support the Church Covenant and Statement of Faith as stated in the Park Avenue Baptist Church Constitution as well as a commitment to the Church and School mission, vision, and purposes.
- Possess a strong knowledge and understanding of Scripture
- A person of integrity in business, finance, and human resources through equitable treatment of others
- A life consistent with biblical principles
The candidate shall…
- Have three to five years of experience working in administrative educational capacities; in a Christian education setting is desired.
- Have an undergraduate degree and a Master’s degree in Administration and Supervision or Educational leadership desirable.
- Be certified, or readily able to be certified, by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) in the field of Christian Academy Administration
- Have the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to administer a comprehensive academic program. Have excellent people skills, communication skills, leadership skills, integrity and character
- Have successful experience in schools comparable to PACA
- Have training and experience in the recruitment, management, and supervision of Christian School personnel
- Demonstrate leadership along with executive and management skills
- Have a deep understanding of the philosophy of Christian education
- Be open to new concepts and technology
- Create an atmosphere the promotes unity and inspires others to follow and have the ability to interact with multiple ministries using shared facilities fostering a commitment to being a team player
1. Coordinate school operations, programs and activities with other ministries of Park Avenue Baptist Church
2. Provide leadership in the accomplishment of the mission of PACA.
3. Direct the procedures related to recruitment, hiring, supervision, and management of all PACA staff & volunteers and administer an effective performance appraisal program for all staff members.
4. Conduct meetings with faculty, administrative and support staff, parents, and students
5. Handle grievances and administer an effective disciplinary program per handbook/policy
6. Provide leadership in maintaining proper relationships with accrediting, educational, and governmental agencies
7. Monitor the curriculum and textbooks to assure that the instructional programs are appropriate to accomplish the mission of PACA
8. Work with the PACA Council and parent/teacher organizations in the promotion of the academic, fine arts, and athletic programs of the school
9. Assure timely development of faculty, parent, and student manuals and newsletters as required to maintain effective communications of PACA policies, tuition information, and current programs
10. Monitor the status of PACA’s ACSI accreditation and develop a plan for continued compliance and reaccreditation
1. Assure timely development of the annual operating budget for PACA, and monitor all financial activities to maintain revenues and expenses in accordance with the approved budget document
2. Provide direction to the PACA administrators, faculty, and support staff as required to maintain clear lines of authority and development of procedures for implementing and administering the policies adopted by the Academy Council
3. Work with the Academy Council to prepare long range strategic plans for PACA and keep the Academy Council informed relative to the procedures and policies required to achieve these goals
4. Attend seminars and professional development programs as approved by the Academy Council
5. Coordinate the public relations programs of the school
6. Monitor the condition and appearance of the PACA facilities and administer procedures required for proper utilization and upkeep
7. Review and recommend programs for raising special funds to support the financial needs of PACA
8. Develop, evaluate and maintain programs which align with the school’s mission, vision and core values
1. Meet with the Academy Council, Council Committees, and PABC Exec Director as required
2. Give a written report to the Academy Council monthly or when requested by the Council
3. Perform all responsibilities in line with Council & Church policies
4. Be approachable and humble for input from applicable parties (council, staff, parents, etc.)
5. Give support and loyalty to the Council & Leadership
6. Keep the Council Chairperson informed of any possible controversy
7. Performance is measured by a yearly council review and evaluation along with agreed upon goals and objectives.
8. Maintain and foster open lines of communication
Park Avenue Christian Academy is a religious, non-profit Christian school representing Jesus Christ throughout the evangelical Christian community. Park Avenue Christian Academy requires its employees to be born-again Christians, living their lives as Christian role models (Rom. 10:9-10; I Tim. 4:12; Luke 6:40). Employees will conduct themselves in a way that will not raise questions regarding their Christian testimonies. A Christian lifestyle should reflect the biblical perspective of integrity and appropriate personal and family relationships, business conduct and moral behavior. An employee is expected to demonstrate a teachable spirit, an ability to share love for others, a willingness to live contentedly under authority and a commitment to follow the Matthew 18 principle when an issue arises with fellow employees, students, parents or management.
The Park Avenue Christian Academy Statement of Faith expects employees to maintain a lifestyle based on biblical standards of moral conduct. Moral misconduct, which violates the bona fide occupational qualification for employees to be Christian role models, includes, but is not limited to, promiscuity, homosexual behavior or any other violation of the unique roles of male and female (Rom. 1:21-27; I
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• This is a high-stress position based on full responsibility for the school’s operation. The administrator must handle detailed, complex concepts and problems, balance multiple tasks simultaneously, and make rapid decisions regarding administrative issues.
• The school campuses are currently multilevel facilities, which require the administrator to negotiate flights of stairs regularly to meet responsibilities as they relate to the school program.
• The administrator must be able to respond quickly when an emergency arises. This person is required to accompany and control children during fire drills or other emergency drills or during an actual emergency.
• On occasion, the administrator must be able to work longer hours than a typical day for events such as parent-teacher conferences, special programs, committee meetings, or other meetings or functions in the early morning or the evening.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time staff position with Park Avenue Baptist Church with all benefits, policies and requirements associated with full-time employment at Park Avenue Baptist Church, Titusville, Florida. PACA tuition discounts are afforded to this position as well. Please see the PABC Full-time Employee Manual for all details concerning policies, procedures and benefits concerning full-time employment at PABC. Starting salary will be based upon experience, education, training, etc. The salary range is $60,000 to $75,000 plus a benefits package to include health, life, 403b matching, vacation & sick leave.
To apply for this position:
If you feel qualified and called to submit a resume and a cover letter for this position; please do so by emailing these documents to Tyler Buckley (Chair, Search Committee) at email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Director of Music MinistriesVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- January 16
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Events Project ManagerFreedom House Church
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- January 14