TITLE: High School Ministry Coordinator
NOTE: Please be fully familiar with our church and student ministry before submitting resume. You are advised to check out our webpage, etc. We are only looking for serious candidates that have
some sense of God's calling to our church/student ministry/city, not candidates simply attempting to find employment.
About Bay Area Community Church: BACC is a non-denominational church of 2,800 in Annapolis, Maryland. As a church, we are striving to become the kind of people that reflect Jesus. We value authentic relationships, relevant biblical teaching,
passionate worship and compassionate concern for our neighbors and the world at large. We believe that Jesus truly is God's Son through whom we can experience forgiveness of our sins and be restored to a right relationship with God who loves us deeply and
has a unique purpose for each one of us. We believe that Jesus is Lord and we are focused on growing our relationship with Him. Find out more at www.bayareacc.org and www.bayareacc.org/basm.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Oversee all gatherings, events, trips, etc. for high school students. Provide teaching, discipleship, counseling, etc., for students grades 9 – 12. Assist with transitions from middle to high school, and high school
to post-high school. Develop adult leadership team to meet the needs of high school students. Assist in accomplishing our student ministry strategic plan of reaching the greater-Annapolis area with the gospel.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree (minimum requirement) in a related field such as Youth Ministry, Pastoral Ministry, Counseling, Communications, etc.
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
COMPENSATION: commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Student Ministry Pastor
PEERS WITH: Middle School Coordinator, Program Coordinator, College Coordinator, and Children’s Director
A 90-day period in which the supervisor carefully considers whether the employee is able to meet the standards and expectations of the job and if the employee should be retained by BACC as a regular employee. During this time, the supervisor appraises the
employee’s: Ability to learn and perform job duties; Quality of work; Productivity; Work habits; Cooperation; Attendance; and Punctuality. If the employee is clearly not meeting the requirements of the job, the employee may be released at any time during
the probationary period.
- Oversee high school gatherings (programming elements, staffing, technical, teaching participate in teaching rotation, etc.)
- Enlist, equip, encourage, and evaluate adult leadership team (volunteers)
- Oversee Student Action Leadership Team
- Plan seasonal retreats/camps and special events
- Coordinate community outreach service projects
- Personally disciple high school students
- Work toward the establishment of neighborhood-based community groups
- 1-3 years experience in church or para-church ministry specifically with high school students.
- Able to function in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, deadline-oriented environment.
- Required skills: intermediate computer skills; general administrative skills; intermediate social media/communication skills. Layout/design skills are a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Proven clear thinker, well organized, level headed, solution oriented.
- Self-starter, efficient, productive, works well with a team as well as with students and their parents
- Preferred gift set: teaching, leadership, evangelism
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE FIRST 90 DAYS
- Immediately begin to build relationship with high school students
- Personally meet with all current adult leaders from the high school ministry
- Meet with as many high school students outside our ministry as possible
- Find one to four high school students to personally invest in
- Establish relationships with principals/administrators from key area high schools
BENEFITS TO THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE:
- Utilizing one’s work hours to advance God’s Kingdom through ministry in the church
- Being a part of team with a common mission that honors Christ
- Being part of a growing church that is having a significant impact on people in the church and outside the church locally, regionally, and globally
- Personal satisfaction of stewarding your gifts and skills to help make passionate, maturing followers of Christ