We believe that the Church’s mission is “make disciples who make disciples.” That mission is a key focus of our ministry to the next generation of students and children of Wheaton Bible Church, and is expressed in three primary ways: 1) by developing and
growing ministries that strive to disciple children and students in partnership with the home, 2) by providing encouragement and support for parents through resources, seminars, and training, and 3) by helping parents transition through and celebrate
the milestones of their child’s life, as he or she matures and grows toward becoming a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
To fulfill that mission, we are seeking to hire a Children’s and Next Generation Pastor who is a Gospel-centered individual who shares our same level of passion to see children grow to love God and serve Him in every area of their lives. This individual
must have a pastor’s heart, theological training, as well as experience in leading a high-functioning Children’s Ministry staff in a larger church.
- Leadership. Provide theological oversight and guidance, cast vision and set direction, and develop and manage all aspects of our Children’s Ministry, from nursery through sixth grade. Encourage and coach paid staff, and
facilitate recruitment and training of volunteer leaders and teachers. Oversee strategic development of curriculum, programming, facility, budgets, and planning. Provide direction and vision for the Next Generation Team.
- Develop and lead our Next Generation Team. Partner with parents to train and support children and students in order that they might become passionate, Gospel-centered, mission-focused followers of Jesus Christ. Develop a culture of excellence
in ministering to children and students through engaging and age-appropriate programming. Equip parents and grandparents to fulfill their biblical calling to be the primary spiritual trainers of their children. Help families prepare for and celebrate the spiritual
milestones—key faith transitions—in their sons’ and daughters’ lives, and mentor parents by providing resources for discipleship in the home and regular training to equip and inspire moms and dads to fulfill this goal.
- Service and Outreach. Work with paid and volunteer staff to reach out to children in the community through programs including a network of Neighborhood Bible Clubs, family fun events, as well as the development of new outreach initiatives.
- Pastoral Care. Provide pastoral care for children and families, which may include hospital visitation, counseling, family interventions, baptisms, weddings, and other opportunities as they arise.
- Curriculum Development. Oversee the research, selection, and/or development of curriculum in partnership with families, CM Staff, and SM Staff.
- Volunteers. Oversee the recruitment, encouragement, training, and retention of all volunteers within the various Children’s Ministry programs.
- Facilities. Participate in the creation/design of spaces for children and their families that are safe, innovative, and effective for ministry.
- Finances. Manage financial planning and decisions related to expenditures, working within established budget parameters.
- A commitment to holiness and developing a personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- If married, love your spouse as Christ loved the Church, s/he is to be your highest earthly priority. If a parent, disciple your child/children to know God and to love Him, making the active discipleship of your children a higher priority than your discipleship
- Theology or ministry-related degree required. Seminary or Masters-level degree a plus.
- Five to ten years of experience leading a Children’s Ministry staff at a large church (1,500+ attenders). Multi-site experience a plus.
- Proven history as an effective builder and influencer of ministries.
- A commitment to professional, personal, and spiritual development, and to growth in the area of Next Generation ministry.
- Ability and desire to lead effectively in a high-energy, complex environment, and the ability to lead and develop other leaders.
- Proven track record of volunteer engagement, recruitment, training and retention.
- Excellent speaking, verbal and written communication skills, and an aptitude for teaching.
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills, including a high level of emotional intelligence and a passion for engaging with families.
- Ability to participate as a member of the pastoral staff team for the general church body, and to assist in pastoral duties as opportunities arise.
- Belief and adherence to the core values of Wheaton Bible Church and agreement with our Statement of Doctrine and Faith.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a summary of their faith journey plus their current resume to email@example.com. Minority candidates encouraged to apply.