Grace Church Summary:
Grace Evangelical Free Church is a church of 200+ worshippers that seeks the Heart and Mind of Christ! It does not mean we are perfect but that we are trying! We have a Heart for Worship and each other, and take the investment in our young people seriously.
We average between 50 to 60 youth between both groups with a good number of students from the community. Huxley, IA is a bedroom community of 3500 people with a total community size of 5000+, centrally located between Ames and Des Moines. Huxley offers
good schools, a safe neighborhood and an excellent environment to raise a family.
Youth Pastor Job Position
Grace Evangelical Free Church
The Youth pastor is responsible for providing spiritual leadership for youth (grades 6-12), their teachers, and youth leaders.
He shall use his skills in teaching, planning, evangelism, discipling, counseling and praying to facilitate an effective ministry which will guide the youth of our church toward a personal relationship and walk with Jesus Christ by: 1) providing an environment
where they feel loved and accepted and 2) teaching and modeling biblical guidelines in which the youth can follow. The scope of his ministry shall be with youth attending our church and those in local area.
The Youth Pastor shall be qualified by his background, his training and a demonstrated ability to minister to youth. Accordingly, the following factors will be considered in his selection:
- He is to be a Christian in submission to the authority of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit as reflected in his lifestyle and ministry. (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- He shall be in agreement with the Doctrinal statement of this church and be willing to abide by the Constitution, by-laws, goals and policies of this church.
- His knowledge and understanding of the Scriptures. (Seminary or Bible School degree is preferred)
- His ability to easily relate to youth and young people because of his genuine love, concern and enthusiasm for them.
- His ability to freely interact with the parents of the youth.
- His ability to recruit, train, and work with youth leaders and teachers toward specific goals in a mutually supportive and edifying manner.
- His personal appearance and demeanor.
- His ability to share the Gospel with others.
- His willingness to openly seek and receive direction and criticism as a learner from those placed in authority over him in a spirit of submission and love.
- The desire of his wife, (if the candidate is married), should be to interact and relate with youth in support of her husband’s ministry.
The responsibilities of the Youth Pastor are:
- Regularly share the good-news about Jesus Christ
- Teach the basic truths of the faith
- Model a Christ-like life
- Provide Godly counsel for students
- Disciple individual students and/or oversee discipling by members of the youth team
- Promote missions –local and worldwide
- Integrate the youth activities into the total church program
- Relational Ministry
- Develop relationships with middle and senior high students
- Spend time in the area schools with students
- Foster a supportive relationship with families of students
- Volunteer staff oversight (recruit, train and support)
- Oversee student follow-up and assimilation
- Plan events, retreats, and special activities
- Effectively manage the student ministries budget
- Attend and participate in monthly Leadership Team meetings
- Attend and participate in Elder Board meetings (see bylaws)
- Communicate with Youth Team Leader if applicable
Specific Areas of Ministry Responsibility and Oversight
- Weekly Programming
- Middle school (MS) weekly meeting
- Senior high weekly meeting
- Middle and senior high Sunday school
- Oversee weekly Bible studies to be broken up along age and/or gender lines
- Events, retreats, and special activities
- Outreach events
- Mid-year retreats (ex. Winter Blast, Impact, etc.)
- Summer trips (ex. MS trip, Challenge, etc.)
- Mission trips
- Leadership Development
- Regular staff meetings
- Develop youth leaders
- Other Areas
- Involvement in Grace Evangelical Free Church programs and activities
- Serve as associate pastor as requested for special teams, pulpit ministry, etc.
- Involvement in the Ballard Ministerial if deemed beneficial.
- Involvement with Reach Students Central District (RSCD)
Accountability: The Youth Pastor shall be accountable for his overall performance to the Senior Pastor and Elders. His weekly supervision shall be under the direction of the Senior Pastor. This accountability and supervision shall be monitored through
monthly written reports and regular personal consultation with the Senior Pastor and Elders. He will be evaluated annually by the Senior Pastor and the Elders.
How to ApplyTo apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a photo. Once your resume has been submitted, a questionnaire will be emailed to you. Deadline to apply is June 1, 2016. If you have further questions, you can contact Tim
Denger at 231-747-2951.