New England may be known for its great sports teams and beautiful coastlines but in a suburb 35-miles southwest of Boston, God has been steadily at work among people known for their reluctance to follow what they can’t see. For almost two decades a thriving
Christian church, aptly named New England Chapel, has become a haven for the broken and for people who may have given up on church but not on God. We are seeking a self-motivated, lover of God, people and details, to walk alongside those both new to faith
as well as those exponentially growing in it via established efforts and across various ministries. Along with our engaging Sunday services, our staff and volunteer leaders desire to transform lives inside and outside Sunday mornings with opportunities for
relational and spiritual growth.
Adult Ministry Pastor
Overview – The Adult Ministry Pastor at NEC is charged with helping people who have given up on church but not on God understand, embrace and express God’s love. This role will help people, from first time attendee to those born and raised
in the church, better understand and live out in everyday, ordinary life this ‘different’ way Jesus call us to.
- Oversee and grow our Circle (Small Group) Ministry – NEC believes life is better connected. To that end we want to help as many people as possible connect in smaller circles of relationships both for relational and spiritual growth. This position will build
on and extend the current circle ministry.
- Spiritual Growth Pathway – We have many people encounter God/Jesus/faith for the first time through NEC. This position will pay a major role in helping everyone move from the ‘begin’ stage to the ‘practice’ and ‘thrive’ stages. Recharging and growing our
existing ‘spiritual growth pathway’ will be a key responsibility of this role.
- Equipping and Supporting Ministry Leaders – NEC has a wide variety of ministries and experiences to help people grow. Along with helping adult ministries such as Men of NEC, Women’s Ministry, Prayer Ministry, etc, also seek opportunities to work across
all ministries at NEC (Family Ministry, Youth Ministry, Restoration etc.).
- Pastoral Duties - Share in preaching, teaching, sacrament and counseling responsibilities as directed by the senior pastor.
Desired Characteristics & Skills:
- Have a love for and experience with connecting with people who don’t go to church.
- Able to make faith, the Bible, Jesus accessible to any stage of faith (especially those without faith).
- Interpersonal skills to engage and gather people.
- Able to recruit, train and organize teams, volunteers and leaders.
- Detail-oriented, can administer and build on complex systems.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- Able to effectively articulate message and communicate with a variety of people and audience sizes.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Experience in leadership and faith development
- Proven track record of organizational skills in developing and carrying out objectives to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university
- 5 years of relevant church or para-church experience
- Great grasp of the Bible and theological issues whether formally or informally trained.
Please apply through churchstaffing and not via email. Thank you.