Full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week. Reports to the Director of Communications.
The Video Producer is responsible for all video and video related projects as assigned by the Director of Communications. These video projects will range from church-wide initiatives and events to recurring ministry events.
1. Consistently maintain a humble and “willingness to serve” attitude while working with ministries to provide excellent communication.
2. Tell compelling stories through video by creating a systematic approach to each video’s production in order to create the best possible product on a consistent basis.
3. Properly manage and maintain all video equipment including cameras, lighting, and audio gear to keep unnecessary purchases and repair costs to a minimum.
4. Oversee the video studio in order to keep track of the shoot schedule and ensure proper use of equipment.
5. Create animated graphics consistent with a project’s artwork that will help to supplement video projects as well as stand-alone projects.
6. Continually research and recommend new equipment and techniques that would benefit video production at Providence.
7. Properly archive all footage, photos, audio files, and final versions of videos.
8. Assist the Director of Communications in website updates and social media postings when requested. 9. Develop and train a video volunteer team to assist with each process of video production to continue to grow and strengthen our capabilities.
10.Edit weekly messages and services for online posting.
11.Shoot video footage and photos at various Providence events when requested.
12.Perform other duties as assigned.
• Born-again Christian with an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• An active participant in weekly worship and discipleship at Providence
• A willingness to learn and a servant's heart is a must
• A creative and energetic spirit
• Must have personable manner and be comfortable working with pastors, contractors, and volunteers
• Willingness to be available seven days a week (5-10 times a year) and after hours during a normal work week when necessary
• Ability to take initiative and to work well without close supervision
• Ability to multitask and work within simultaneous deadlines
• Enjoy taking on challenging and creative assignments
• Must have a good sense of humor
• Proficient in CS6 (or newer) Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects in a Mac based environment
• A solid understanding of how lighting affects video and proper framing of subjects
• Proficient with Canon DSLR cameras
• Experience writing scripts and storyboarding
• Experience manipulating artwork for videos
• Experience producing a variety of videos including those with a quick turnaround, testimony videos, highlight videos, and scripted videos.
• Able to produce a project from initial development to completion
• Willing to collaborate in a team environment and have work critiqued
• An updated online portfolio
• 5+ years of experience (no degree required)
• BONUS: A background in photography
• BONUS: Experience working and/or volunteering in a ministry environment
Please send your resume and a link to online portfolio. Submissions without an online portfolio will not be considered.