Please submit inquiries to email@example.com, or use the "Apply" button below.
First Baptist Church of Kingsburg is seeking God’s leading for a Pastor of Worship Ministries to join our team. A family oriented community of about 15,000, Kingsburg is located along the Kings River in Central California - between Fresno and Visalia. Kingsburg enjoys and celebrates its Scandinavian cultural heritage; it’s even well known as Kingsburg: A Swedish Village. Ours is a vibrant community offering small town community with ready access to large city amenities. Multiple community-wide gatherings are hosted annually – Swedish Festival, Car Show, Independence Day Fireworks, Summer Band Concerts under the stars, Fall Carnival, Christmas Festival of Lights Parade. Nestled into the San Joaquin Valley, Kingsburg is less than a 2-hour drive from the majestic Yosemite National Park, and only a little more than a 2-hour drive to Pacific Ocean beaches.
First Baptist itself is an old church with a young heart. While our legacy is a 115 years old, our ministry philosophy and style have adapted to the contemporary culture without compromising our core mission, convictions or values. Presently, First Baptist’s weekly attendance averages 400. Our ministry team consists of our Senior Pastor (who has been with us for 11 years), Associate Pastor, Student Ministries Pastor, and Director of Administration. In addition to these full-time team members, several part-time roles round out our team: Interim Worship Director, Junior High Ministries Director, Children’s Ministries Director, Office Assistant and Custodian. Our worship is unmistakably contemporary and casual in style. However, we are decidedly God-focused in our worship philosophy.
Our new Pastor of Worship Ministries will be a mission critical addition to our team. He is the primary go-to leader related to all aspects of corporate worship, working in close partnership with the Senior Pastor to plan, prepare and produce the weekly Sunday worship service, as well as other all-church special events. One unique feature of this position is that we have reserved 10-12 hours of weekly ministry responsibilities to be determined by the gifts and passions of this new leader in conjunction with the ministry needs of the church.
Associate Pastor of Worship Ministries
The WMP is the primary go-to leader related to all aspects of corporate worship. He works in close partnership with the Senior Pastor to plan, prepare and produce the weekly Sunday worship service, as well as other all-church special events. He is also the point leader for the church’s prayer ministry.
The WMP is a full-time, exempt position selected by the Senior Pastor (with approval of the Board of Elders) and called by the congregation for an unspecified period of service.
We anticipate that the worship ministries will require approximately 20 hours per week, with another 8 hours of pastoral/staff/administration. We have determined to reserve 12 hours per week as to-be-determined. Our expectation is that additional appropriate pastoral leadership responsibilities will be assigned corresponding with the gifts and passions of this leader in conjunction with the ministry needs of the church.
The WMP has the following overarching relationships:
- He will be directly led by and accountable to the Senior Pastor.
- He will lead the Worship Ministries Team – overseeing the creative, logistical, and technical aspects of First Baptist’s worship ministries, and the Sunday Hospitality Team – overseeing the environment and experience of all worship attendees.
- He will partner, as a member of the Ministry Staff, providing overall leadership to the church.
- He will coordinate with Support Staff and volunteers as necessary.
- As a member of the church, he will be fully engaged in the life of the church as described in the First Baptist Church covenant.
Salary, commensurate with experience and training, will be established and reviewed annually by the Board of Elders. Health and retirement benefits also included.
- Exemplifies a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, including a compelling sense of calling to pastoral ministry with a passion for worship ministries in particular.
- Full agreement and endorsement of the Statement of Faith and practices of First Baptist.
- Personal and spiritual maturity needed to provide leadership and pastoral care to those within the Worship Ministries Team, as well as the congregation at large.
- Solid and expanding knowledge-base of worship trends within current as well as classic evangelicalism with demonstrable experience in gleaning the best to produce inspiring worship experiences.
- As ‘producer’: able to craft and plan dynamic worship experiences; as ‘performer’: able to lead the congregational music in a vibrant and engaging manner.
- Ability to communicate with excellence musically, interpersonally, and in writing.
- Member of the Ministry Staff contributing to the overall, strategic, team-based oversight and management of all ministry programs, activities and events of the church.
- Key partner of the Senior Pastor in short/med/long planning and design of all corporate worship experiences.
- Director of all aspects of the Sunday worship service production (on stage and off): band, prayer teams, tech teams (audio/video/lighting).
- Serve as primary staff leader for various church-wide special events (.e.g, Offerfest, Children’s Christmas program, etc.)
- Develop and oversee an integrative and comprehensive movement of congregational prayer.
- Oversee the Sunday Hospitality Team (Ushers/Greeters)
- Oversee the general décor of the Sanctuary and Foyer.
- Coordinate with Wedding Coordinator and Funeral Team as needed.
- Assist Senior Pastor with other special assignments as needed.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assoiciat Director (Pastor)Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Associate Pastor of Care MinistriesTrinity United Presbyterian Church
- Santa Ana, California
- September 29
Worship PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Pastor of Worship & ShepherdingMount Aetna Bible Church
- Mt. Aetna, Pennsylvania
- September 29
First Baptist Church Kingsburg
We strive to be a church that is functioning healthily as a family, making disciples of Jesus and growing together in community. But as we try to reach that goal we recognize that we are also called to be outwardly focused, spreading the message of Jesus beyond our church walls and impacting the world around us. Finding a balance between those two ideas help us to maintain our purpose while defining our process. In short, we are devoted to making disciples of Jesus who encounter God, grow in community, and impact our world.More...