Woodhaven Bible Church is a family of believers in Jesus Christ in southeast Michigan. Our mission is to glorify God by proclaiming and reflecting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is accomplished as believers are discipled and encouraged to apply God’s Word
to their lives and share the Gospel with the unbelieving world. We are a church dedicated to the preaching of God’s Word, so that, through the Word and working of the Holy Spirit, life change may occur.
The Role of Senior Pastor at Woodhaven Bible Church:
The senior pastor will teach, lead, and shepherd the congregation of Woodhaven Bible Church. This should be accomplished through various pastoral and personal qualifications:
- Must be in full agreement with our doctrinal statement.
- Have a commitment to proper biblical exegesis and expositional preaching.
- Be equally committed to both our 60-year history and leading the church into the future.
- Have a Master of Divinity or its equivalent, and will demonstrate biblical, theological, and cultural literacy and relevance.
- Have a humble pastoral heart for the people in the congregation.
- Work together with the elder board to cast the vision and ministry strategy of the church.
- Protect the congregation from false teaching and seek to unify the body in Christ.
- Actively participate in pastoral care ministries.
- Have at least 3 years of ministry experience.
- Must meet the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Continue to grow spiritually through and in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be devoted to prayer and have a burden for praying for the congregation.
- Be known as a man of integrity, humility, and personal holiness.
- Must be a disciple-maker and leader of leaders and should be trying to build others up and grow them spiritually and in their participation in the body of Christ.
To apply, please include answers to the following questions (please keep each answer to 250 words or less) along with a resume:
- Do you agree with with our doctrinal statement (please review the statement at: http://woodhavenbible.com/beliefs)? Yes or No.
- What is your view of Scripture?
- In your own words, what is the gospel?
- Share your testimony and story of spiritual development.