1) Lead, arrange, and build vocal teams for worship. Including support vocals and worship choir.
2) Occasionally arrange and prepare vocal performance selections that accent message series and church calendar. While we don’t emphasize “special music” there are occasions when music can accent the sermon series. These may include, a unique solo performance,
an occasional men’s choir, a student group, an acapella group, etc.
3) Oversee children’s vocal music. Not necessarily direct the program, but advise and build leaders who may have the skills and passion for children’s music.
4) Use creativity and leadership to assist associates in student ministries to recruit and equip singers in the ministry of music
5) Build vocal teams on both campuses through identifying skills and gifts of church volunteers.
Worship Band Emphasis:
6) Recruit and equip skilled musicians to worship teams. This may be a shared responsibility with other members of our creative teams (depending on the skill set).
7) Lead, arrange and provide charts for band members (in conjunction with team members)
8) Pursue excellence in musicianship among members through occasional workshops and training,
9) Shepherd band members to “follow Jesus for God’s glory”
1) Bachelor’s degree required. (Might consider exception if there is broad and extensive life experience.)
2) Proven ability to recruit volunteers and develop leaders
3) Vocal experience with harmony, piano proficiency (jazz/gospel influence would be a plus), rhythm section experience
4) Gifts/aptitude: influencer, equipper, resourceful
5) Offer creative input as a part of the creative team for all worship services.
6) Occasionally lead worship in partnership with other worship leaders