First Baptist Church
Hallettsville, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 05/5/2016
Categories: Youth Minister
Denomination: Baptist- BGCT/SBC
Church Size: 150-200
Job Type: Full Time Youth Minister
First Baptist Church is in search of a dynamic person to lead our growing student ministry full time. First Baptist is committed to equipping believers by boldly preaching the Word of God. Our church is constantly seeking new ways to carry the message of Christ to the lost and unchurched in our community. All programs and initiatives are focused around the singular purpose of declaring the Gospel with our words and actions. It is our desire to create relationships that extend far beyond Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights. We work to create a body of believers that pray, learn, and do life together.
First Baptist believes that we were created to GROW and GO! Our church is committed to reaching our local community, our nation, and the world, so that we may meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the least of these. We are looking for a person who understands that in order to reach the next generation of believers, we must think outside the box and be willing to do new things. If you are looking for a place to witness God moving in an amazing way and be a part of something very special, we invite you to join us at First Baptist Hallettsville!
Principal Function: To serve as Lead Student Minister to students in 7th through 12th grades.
Position Hours: Salaried. Full-time, including regular office hours, Wednesday nights, Sunday mornings, as well as other times as required by ministry schedule (occasional weekends, etc.). Some seasons require longer hours or after-hours commitment due to the nature of Student Ministry.
- Working with ministry team (Pastor/Student Leaders/and other Ministry Leaders) in developing, implementing, and maintaining cohesive, coordinated, aligned ministry for the whole family with spiritual growth goals for all ages. In other words, we want a teammate to help us reach and grow the whole family! While your main focus would specifically be students, we desire and need your input on impacting parents and younger siblings, too.
- Integrate the mission/vision statement of First Baptist and derive a similarly relevant mission statement and branding for youth.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Educate, encourage, and facilitate youth to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers and community and worldwide.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth
- Cast vision for, teach, and program any retreat or camp for youth through utilization of music selection, development of messages/teaching, and use of games and other artistic elements to inspire students to learn about God.
- Create and manage a youth ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Implement student registration, program management, and security policies/ practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of student ministry facilities and grounds.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministries and manage spending this budget.
- Be an active presence in local junior high and high school scheduling periodic visits to interact with students at school and at extracurricular events.
- Recruiting parents and church members as volunteers for Student Ministry activities. You can’t do this job alone, and we don’t want you to.
- Work within ministry team to further develop Parent Ministry
- Administrative duties (making phone calls, emails, connections)
- Function as a member of the pastoral staff participating in baptism services, weddings, funerals, visitations, etc. as related to the needs of the church.
- First Baptist membership, and faithful attendance and tithing.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ (a mature, developing believer in Jesus,
- A passion for students and a God- placed calling to work with them
- Experience working with teenagers and their parents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Seminary education a plus, but not required
- 1-3 Years of ministry experience
- Computer and Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and credit check
- Spouse is supportive of your calling (if married)
- Self-starter with an awareness of trends in teen culture and ability to translate those into efforts to reach students.
- Willing to work with school leadership in building relationships
- Willing to live in Hallettsville, Texas
Potential Candidates would do well with these gifts/passions:
- Evangelism-there are tons of students in the area without a relationship with Christ, and we need someone willing and able to engage them on their level, and train the students to reach their peers
- Desire to mentor students who demonstrate willingness to lead
This would be a great job for you if:
- You’re passionate about investing in the next generation
- You’re a self-starter who can see a task all the way through with little supervision
- You don’t mind feedback, both positive and lovingly- corrective.
- You take ministry seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously
- The idea of hanging out with middle/high schoolers for a week at camp makes you think “Awesome! When are we leaving?” instead of “I think I’m gonna be sick!”
- You want a place to invest in people to grow God’s Kingdom instead of just something to look good on a resume.
- You like collaborating with other people to get the best ideas for the right events/programs/ministries. In other words, you place a high priority on teamwork.
- You love the idea of empowering parents, students, and student helpers in fulfilling their God-given purpose and calling to share Christ in their homes, neighborhoods, schools, and work.
Salary: $30,000 + Parsonage + Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement ($1,200)
If this position profile describes you, then let’s talk! Send a resume and cover letter (and audio/video links or samples of teaching, if available) to email@example.com For more information on our church, visit www.fbchallettsville.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
First Baptist Hallettsville
WHO WE ARE: Biblical We are committed to preaching and teaching the infallable and inerrant Word of God boldly. Intentional We are committed to a strategic approach to growing through discipleship and reaching our community with the Gospel. Relational We are committed to building intergenerational relationships that extend far beyond the walls of the church. Missional We are committed to living the Great Commission and being the hands and feet of Jesus to our communty, state, nation, and world More...