Central Baptist Church is looking for a Children’s Pastor that is passionate about discipling kids and parents. The Children’s Pastor will set the direction and cast vision for a growing volunteer team to keep pace with the thriving church as it expands
for the Kingdom.
Central Baptist Church serves over 150 kids age birth through 5th grade during both the Sunday morning and midweek programs each week. We believe in discipleship and value Christian education with a strong focus on parent involvement and support.
With smiling faces, the amazing volunteers receive mom and dad’s most precious possession into a warm and colorful environment that is well maintained to make parents feel secure and comfortable. Early Childhood covers infants up to 2 1/2 years of age.
At the peak of their curiosity, preschoolers have a strong desire to learn more about God and here at CBC we want them to know Him in a very real way. Utilizing “The Gospel Project” these 2 ½, 3, 4 and 5 year olds are taken chronologically on a journey
through the bible in a fun and interactive way. During Sunday School and morning worship services, preschool kids experience a Sunday school type setting with craft, story and activities. We also have a Wednesday night service utilizing the “All Stars for
Jesus” program. This includes a craft, story, and fun activities. These ministry areas are well staffed with dedicated volunteers who love kids and love to teach.
Kids experience Sunday School and Children’s Church with a strong desire to learn more about God using the “The Gospel Project” curriculum as well. There are great volunteer ratios in all of these ministry areas with people who are passionate about presenting
the Bible and taking kids deeper into God’s Word. Central Baptist Church offers “Kids on a Mission” for Elementary ages on Wednesday nights as well.
Other Activities to reach our families and our community
- Children’s Choirs
- Vacation Bible School
- Fall Festival
- Various Children’s Activities such as class parties, Kid’s night out, Skate World, Jumping World, etc...
The vision of Central Baptist is clear; “We glorify God by making disciples, equipping families, and serving the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.” Discipleship is at the core of everything done at CBC. We do this through all of our Sunday School, Children’s
Church, All Stars for Jesus, Kids on a Mission, Children’s Choir, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, and all other Kid based events for every age group. Supporting and equipping parents as they spiritually lead their children is not something Central Baptist
Church just talks about; they live it and cast vision around it. This is a church that truly wants to see parents fully embracing, resourced and prepared, for their most important role as the spiritual leader of their kids.
- Develop and implement a ministry vision and philosophy of Children’s Ministry.
- Establish annual goals with Children’s Ministry leaders that are consistent with overall church mission, vision and values.
- Lead each ministry through an evaluation process annually to ensure fulfillment of goals.
- Provide support in the development (recruiting, training and supervising) and nurturing of Children’s leadership.
- Supervise ministry leaders in the selection, training and evaluation of Children’s Ministry staff.
- Oversee the selection of curriculum and other educational materials for all programs and activities.
- Provide administrative leadership for long-range planning, budgeting and calendar coordination.
- Meet regularly with the pastoral staff team.
- Committed to, and doctrinally aligned with, the Vision, Belief and Values of Central Baptist Church
- Has a love for Christ, His Word and the Church and is a mature Christ follower who is growing in grace.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and stay on task with regular interruptions.
- Creative, detail-oriented, flexible and decisive with the ability to organize, coordinate work, set priorities, create and maintain systems, and motivate others.
- Experience as a leader of student or children’s ministries in a large church setting.
- Able to design a fresh model of children’s ministry, which fits Central Baptist Church culture, and is in sync with future growth and the overall vision of the church.
- Able to manage and pace change to ensure sustainability.
- Ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Demonstrates interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills.
- Gifts of leadership, administration, encouragement and teaching.
- Ability to effectively manage Children's Ministry budget
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience managing people and projects.
- Has demonstrated the ability to think strategically and is able to anticipate and initiate change.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, leading and developing personnel, and working with a broad range of people and personalities.
- Is able to be both a team builder and a team player, demonstrating a passion for excellence.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org