Bethel Church’s mission is simple: make disciples.
Within that mission, Bethel seeks to continually help its body grow in their relationship with God, with each other, and in their hearts for the surrounding world. This modest but challenging aim has not only positively affected the Bethel community, but
has also increased our impact and influence in the Tri-Cities, the WA Lower Valley, and around the world.
Bethel Church is looking for an AVL Technician to help oversee and implement the use of our various production oriented technologies on our campuses. Being a church averaging over 3,000 weekly attendees with 3 campuses and multiple venues, there is a lot
of production technologies to maintain! This person will work closely with the Associate Director of Production and a team of creatives to develop/explore ways in which Bethel can use sound, lighting, stage design, Video Streaming etc to help facilitate engaging
and upliftinging opportunities of worship in our morning services and special events.
In addition, the AVL Technician should be team-builder and team-player - recruiting, training, scheduling, and helping train disciples of Christ to serve on Sunday morning. This person must also have some management skills as he/she will oversee and give
direction to a large team of volunteers.
The ideal candidate will posses the ability to mix live audio very well and will be able to train others to do the same. They will have a good knowledge of or will possess the ability to be trained in the use of digital consoles (primarily Yamaha products).
They will be expected to have a thorough understanding of lighting, DMX, digital control surfaces, etc. Experience or understanding of video production and routing is a plus as well. Bethel also has excellent audio and video recording studios, ulitizing Protools,
Logic, Mainstage, and Ableton as modes of mixing, sequencing, and arranging. Having an understanding of audio recording would be very valuable. Lastly, the AVL Technician will be heavily involved in the weekly creative processes and will have the opportunity
to speak to the creative content for upcoming series and special events.
If you feel that this position might be a good fit for you, please email your resume
including links to an online portfolio, sample work/audio mixes to Samuel.Rodriguez@bethel-church.org .
Resumes without examples of work will not be considered.
Position Summary: The AVL Technician will be a people-oriented person assisting in the implimentation of all audio, lighting, audio recording, video and stage systems across all Bethel campuses. Additional responsibilities include disciple
making, infrastructure planning, updates & maintenance, volunteer training, service element programming in cooperation and under the supervision of the Associate Director of Production.
Disciple of Lord Jesus Christ, Bethel member or willingness to become one in designated time, adhere to Bethel’s covenant of fellowship, humble, team player, flexible, technical inclination with strong verbal and written communication skills, working knowledge
of audio/video/lighting systems and equipment, organization and communication, multi-site experience preferred but not required.
- Support, maintain and update audio, lighting, and recording production systems
- Support LIVE sermon audio/video recording (pre-production and production)
- Train and support Production staff and volunteers
- Recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers for services
- Developing and implementing procedures and techniques to ensure that Bethel's services run smoothly
- Serving on the Creative Team to plan and execute creative elements for sermon series and special events.
- Providing support and guidance to the Prosser and West Pasco Campuses
- Maintaining and upgrading all Audio/Lighting/Video Equipment in venue spaces.
- Working with the Director of Music and Arts and Associate Director of Production to design, plan, and implement stage designs.
- Assist the Associate Director of Production with vision casting and infrastructure planning
- Serve as Service Producer on a rotating basis
- Provide production support for all Bethel sponsored events
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Grow teams of volunteers for various areas of production ministry
- Disciple and give spiritual direction to volunteers