The Healing Center (Vineyard Cincinnati non-profit) is a certified Best Christian Workplace for 2016 and we are looking for nothing less than the best staff to fill our Kids Clubhouse Coordinator position.
This role is responsible to develop programs, systems, leaders, and volunteers to provide for the safety, care, enjoyment and enrichment of children during classes, events, or guest services times at the Healing Center. It includes the development and administration
in of a child-friendly environment and age-appropriate materials and activities with ministry components that help children experience God. The position includes training and developing volunteers in parent relations, child development, programming procedures,
systems and goals. This role will also provide support and programming for family centered ministry at The Healing Center. Find out more about us at: http://healingcentercincinnati.org
Essential Duties & Outcomes
- Train and develop volunteers and casual staff for Kid’s Clubhouse programs.
- Work with HC Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and appreciate volunteers.
- Ensure written, ongoing communication system between Healing Center leadership and VC Children’s Ministry (Nursery and Child Care Director) for scheduling casual child care staffing needs.
- Prepare and manage monthly schedules, ensuring schedule coverage and back-up systems to provide adequate child/adult ratios.
- Provide oversight and leadership for all Kids’ Clubhouse activities. Onsite for Healing Center Service hours.
- Maintain alignment with Healing Center values and standards.
- Remain up-to-date on state regulations for health/safety issues related to young children.
- Maintain appropriate records (schedules, background checks, incident reports) for childcare staff, volunteers, and children.
- Oversee check in process. Provide security tags, directional signs and registration rosters for parents/children as needed.
- Develop activities, projects, guidelines/checklists to facilitate great care for the children.
- Purchase snacks, meals, resources, collaborating with Vineyard Purchaser.
- Establish and ensure environment standards (end-of-shift cleaning, safety and security).
- Attend Healing Center and VC All-staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist in the development and management of ministry-area budget.
- Collaborate with VC Sr. Director of Children’s Ministry as needed to uphold VC standards of care and philosophy of child care ministry.
- Develop specific programming to enrich children academically, socially, physically, and spiritually.
- Identify opportunities to include parents and guardians in Kids’ Clubhouse programming
Level of Education
High School Diploma/GED (minimum required)
3 + years experience working with children in a church or educational/childcare setting.
Spanish language proficiency.