First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn seeks a full time Director of Student Ministries.
We are seeking an energetic person to plan, implement, and lead activities for our children and youth programs. The Director of Student Ministries will participate in helping FUMCGE fulfill its mission of inviting people to church, engaging people in Christian
living, helping people develop a personal commitment to Christ and sharing the life of discipleship with the world.
- Evaluate children and youth educational programs; select curriculum and resources and recommend changes designed to strengthen and expand engagement and participation.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching and leading children and youth.
- Provide regular and advanced program Information and scheduling details.
- Recruit, train and lead adult volunteers for the ministries.
- Coordinate programs rooted in the values of the United Methodist Church.
- Participate in regularly scheduled leadership meetings.
- Other duties as negotiated.
Children’s Ministry Expectations (Kindergarten through Fifth grade):
- Coordinate the children’s education programs including Sunday morning church school and Kids Church (during Sunday morning worship).
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School each summer, working with the Director of Family Ministries.
Youth Ministry Expectations (Middle through High School):
- Plan and lead middle and high school programming each week, including mid-week and Sunday morning church school.
- Plan and lead high school summer mission trip annually.
- With the assistance of the Student Council and Youth Leadership team, recruit, train, and support volunteer adult and youth leaders to support middle and high school programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant college background preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively share and exchange information on a multi-generational level through written, verbal, and oral communication.
- Passion for fostering the development of Christian faith in children and youth.
Full time position, averaging 35 hours per week, including evening and Sunday hours. Overall hourly schedule is flexible. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, including references to:
Rev. Kristen Larsen firstname.lastname@example.org
First United Methodist Church of Glen Ellyn
424 Forest Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137