Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church (http://vhumc.org), located in the Birmingham, AL area, is searching for a full-time Director of High School Ministries. This person’s principle roles would include:
- Engage students in their faith formation with a strong emphasis on building relationships with students and the volunteers
- Recruit, train and empower laity to oversee aspects of the student ministry as well as the weekly programming
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Pastor, Chair of the Youth Council, the Middle School Director, Director of Ministries to Girls, student ministry interns and administrative staff.
VHUMC is currently serving 200+ unique students monthly, with a full array of programs for more in-depth growth and events for fellowship and connection. It is an established ministry and highly valued by church members. Components include a strong music
program (with a youth choir and hand bell choir), Sunday School, High School Wednesday Morning Breakfast, Sunday Night Youth Group, special events, annual mission trips , dedicated youth space and weekly small groups.
VHUMC is seeking an individual who
• Demonstrates a commitment to Jesus Christ
• Understands the importance of this role in the Body of Christ
• Embraces the United Methodist doctrine and support the ministry and vision of VHUMC
• Has a Bachelor’s degree
• Has at least two (2) years of student ministry experience
• Seeks to minister to and with students and the adult volunteers who serve in the ministry
• Serves as a team member with a diverse group of volunteers as well as church staff
• Has strong verbal and written communication skills
• Has the ability to manage multiple event ministries well and is highly organized
• Exhibits the ability to empower teams of adult volunteers
Those interested and qualified for the position should send a cover letter and resume to Dr. Kipp McClurg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Dr. Kipp McClurg
Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church
2061 Kentucky Avenue
Vestavia Hills, AL 35216